Monday, June 2, 2014

The Magic June 2


June 2

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have this post:
10 Ways to Be More Confident. Stop navel gazing. Smile. Expect the best. Dance wildly. Take a risk. Stop comparing yourself with others. Meditate. Be courageous. Say what you mean. Let go of blame.
Because I think this is one of the very very best things I’ve ever read. And – all doable!
Thank you thank you thank you!



I am so happy and grateful for the little things. Like how much I enjoy just sipping my morning coffees (2) now. I actually looked forward to this today!
Because it is not dependent on anyone else, and is just a moment of life. And those are what life is made of…
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for Buddhism increasing my compassion,
because it is helping me to be much less judgmental and more understanding. Less judgmental. Yes. A good thing.( My Buddhism is NOT a religion but a philosophy, as it has nothing to do with a deity or a creation story…”
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my 10-minute walk yesterday!
Because I loved it, the air was beautiful, my legs felt so good, and it was even good for my mood!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have treated myself yesterday! I had a pedicure, a manicure (no polish cause of piano) and a massage in the chair!
Because I felt like a PRINCESS!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for seeing M yesterday afternoon and her love for me,
because although it doesn’t go the way I expect (like yesterday I thought we’d sit at restaurant and have lunch for an hour and a half not shove in a sandwich and shop – oy lol), it is so good to look forward to time together and to have it. She swears I am so good for her. And she lightens me up. Ex. I now appreciate romantic comedy movies. First time.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for work,
because I never thought I’d say it but it gives me something to do. So that besides CONTRIBUTING, which is good for others, it is better for ME to be active and vibrant. Gives me a reason to shower, get dressed, etc. And keeps me from an entire day of navel gazing every day!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for the ability to get things done now!
Because I waited SO LONG for it! (I mean things for self not just work) and I am SO GRATEFUL that it is coming back to me!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for my doing so much,
because it was SO MUCH BETTER THAN sitting around thinking that’s relaxing. When in fact, doing for SELF – IS – a day off!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for the joy I felt in cleaning a dish. In cleaning the kitchen sink….
Because that is more of the little moments of plain old good life…
Thank you thank you thank you!



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      my morning coffee. Walked to corner for it. Was BEAUTIFUL out!
2.      Did spiritual stuff yay. Like every day. but a more positive practice now. Yay.
3.      Went to corner and got mani/pedi/ massage omg!
4.      Then shopped for mother and couple items that could stay in car, for self (like toilet tissue)
5.      Visited with her and paid her bills
6.      Am so glad for these times
7.      And like her weekend aide.
8.      Was out so many hours and was good for me
9.      The one summer day I’m working for money (as opposed to classroom stuff, which doesn’t pay), M will be there! I found that out for sure. Goody.
10.   Romantic comedy. “Blended.” First half was SO BAD. Like BAD high school production. Bad writing, even bad acting, with no script to deal with lol. And the filming was amateurish! But second half was DARLING. So I’m glad we stayed.
11.   Came home and got to chat with A a little
12.   And to help K
13.   And slept
14.   And dreamt
15.   Did Magic Rock practice of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment