Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Magic June 17


June 17

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have early mornings and to love them,
because oh, how I love my mornings now! It is almost hard for me to believe, this is SUCH a blessing!!! ALL MY LIFE since teens or earlier I have hated early morning. Because my mother was so ill, and being up “before the world” as they say, meant bad things were happening in our house. I just SO wanted normalcy.
But now – finally – for a week or so – I wake up in bed and feel comfortable and calm and happy to be awake. The house is quiet but I hear birds outside, and I know I will uncover mine Summer and Jewel and wake them. And I enjoy the quiet and know I will come to my computer, with coffee… So that even before I hear those sweet boys, I am – happy. I am – fine. Wow. I never thought THAT would happen. To THINK that so recently I was showering with the dishes and sleeping in the den. And now, I wake up – not just normal but BETTER than normal. Oh my, I am SO GRATEFUL to have hung around for THIS!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I am so happy and grateful for coming to the place where I decided that today, I would not get into the drama. _______

Because I will be in a room with two colleagues who can each be difficult, especially one. And I realize – it is not my job to try to change them. It doesn’t matter. “I don’t give a shit.” I will simply be pleasant… (while not giving in on emportant things) aNd make it a wonderful day for myself! : )
And for this growth:
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for the things that have gone “wrong,” and really helped
because for example, my mother’s illness while I was growing up has maybe contributed to me being so open-minded and so compassionate.  With adults and children and even animals.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for J having left, no really,
because I would not have grown without it. I was a tyrant. In the way that an infant is a tyrant. And I am not now.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have this V= I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it. ~ Rosalia de Castro____

because I didn’t always. I USED TO believe in the illusion of security and setting everything up. And life is more alive THIS way!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for all the things that have “gone wrong” in my life, including the pneumonia…
because I literally appreciate my very breath!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for this horrible class too,
because knowing I was getting them encouraged me to fit in the 2 minutes breathing daily, which has SO benifited them. And ME!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my managing – someohow – to meet the deadlines that are most important, in time,
because somehow – somehow – I always have.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for soaps and shampoos and hand soaps and dishwashing liquid and dishwasher powder and detergent and bleach and softener,
because every one of these is indeed, in fact, a luxury.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for sleep,
because I know a number of people who have troubles sleeping, and I don’t have.
Thank you thank you thank you!



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      Felt strong on way to school in car again. Oh thank you!
2.      Good day at school.
3.      Great time with computer teacher helping us.
4.      And KIDS – helping EACH OTHER – SO MUCH!!!! It was truly rewarding.
5.      Ate with others in teachers’ room. Half hour. Then back to classroom work.
6.      Dear aide and I got through a lot of books.
7.      Great healthy salad at lunch,. And peach.
8.      That I WENT to the book course yesterday. I came so close to not going. A bit of old phobias creeping in – forgot ices etc. Had to get gas, stop at store… find way to house (it was not at school this time). But I WENT. And it was like a PARTY. I had such a nice time!
9.      And another person, sitting next to me, said that she is a member for the people and I told her I am too. It was nice.
10.   I did get gas and did buy the treats on the way.
11.   Called mother before too late and she would panic.
12.   Not obsessed with friendship with A. Yay. Growing.
13.   Drops
14.   Some tv. And that’s ok.
15.   Did Magic Rock practice.
16.   Slept
17.   Dreamt

No comments:

Post a Comment