Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gratitudes - 100 for Today

I am grateful:

1. That I lived through the night.
2. That that nightmare was only a nightmare – not real.
3. That I am sitting here with the time to do my morning work
4. That I still get paid on jury duty days
5. That although I had to pay for parking, and do today too, it isn’t that expensive and I can afford it
6. These “little” everyday miracles. Like that I can, and just did, walk into the kitchen and pour coffee and soymilk and walk back and enjoy it.
7. That I can swallow, and eat and drink on my own.
8. That when I meditated this morning, after a rocky start, it was bliss
9. That I can make the coffee, think, figure things out.
10. That my toilet is not overflowing and I’m careful with tissues so it won’t (because it has)
11. That I have a driver’s license. I didn’t get it until I was 23…
12. That I have care insurance
13. And registration
14. And all the years I had that natural-from-the-sea emergy board ting (I hope it wasn’t from an animal. And it never needing replaceing or sharpening or anything; it just always worked
15. That hfs I used to go to, and that I got it from
16. First words in today’s For Today: “I want to be myself, but what is myself?” I was thinking about this *just last night *! Now I’ll read on.
17. Wow. Grow. Patience it takes time. Give up pleasing people just to gain approval. (And more, but that’s what I am taking from it today).
18. “We follow the footprints in the sand of those who have walked before us and we leave footprints for those yet to come.” I am grateful for those who have gone before me and are sharing their experience, strength and hope.
19. And I am grateful that I am doing it too, and am or will someday be an inspiration to others.
20. Having always loved typing, I am so grateful to have a laptop. I may have mentioned laptop or computers before, but this is different. It means I can have it right on my lap and keep going back to it as I’m reading and that is so comfortable for me and makes my morning work much better, I think. I think well while typing. And it’s a kinesthetic intelligence thing….
21. That I just found my Step 4 book. I couldn’t find it, started to worry, stopped it kind of before panic, and slowed down and found it.
22. And it gave me memories of other unnecessary panics, and yet more determination not to
23. Sp talking about aches and pains but life so worthwhile
24. And *reminding * me today: Fear is bullshit
25. That I made it here safely today.
26. And enjoyed the trip
27. And had a little breakfast
28. And that they’re doing a bake sale here - to benefit autism awarensess!
29. That I am back and was not selected for jury duty.
30. That I did my best and was honest, as I promised God (and swore in court)
31. That M came onto meditation thread; I’d just been thinking of her this very morning!
32. That I have this afternoon off. Just off. Good. Relax. Sooo stressed over the jury stuff. Glad to be here relaxing
33. That despite the stress of the night before last and last night, I made it through yesterday and today fine after all.
34. That although I’m really just veggin’ and chillin’, if J were here or wanted to go out, I totally would be functioning!
35. That I really do *want * to live fully – every minute I can til death : )
36. Watching Dr. Drew having fixed up Mackenzie Phillips’ bathroom and bedroom
37. That I rested a bit
38. And the bad wake-up didn’t last too long
39. And I had kale : )
40. And gave vibes for someone who needed
41. That I am free next week to clean
42. And can choose to get lots of sleep tonight
43. And don’t feel *quite * as bad about myself
44. And F may do much better now
45. And feel good about himself
46. That my sweet kids should enjoy their vacation next week
47. And I’ll have Ph for a bit, probably! : )
48. Maybe the 3 of us can walk
49. And I don’t have to cancel Sat.
50. The house is neither too hot nor too cold
51. That there are many Two and a Half Men I haven’t seen
52. I’ll go to bed at 8
53. And maybe wake up before the alarm
54. That I heard the birds *during * my meditation this morning
55. That Sp said when away, I should call someone else at same exact time ever day, and if no one can, then I should write what I would be saying to Sp, to keep the habit
56. That J seemed to like the throw pillows, especially one of them
57. And the lamps
58. And the elephant
59. And he tried to fix it
60. That Disney is giving contributions for saving the savannah from movie tickets on the movie that starts on the 22nd
61. Amara. It’s a beautiful name.
62. Bengal tigers
63. Cafes
64. Dryers, especially mine
65. E (vitamin)
66. Falcons ( the animal, not the team)
67. Glamour magazine, when I was growing up. It made me feel good
68. Noxema, same time and reason
69. Cybil Shepherd, same time and reason
70. J introducing me to Absolutely Fabulous
71. Havanese doggies. They’re so cute, and I’m glad I finally got to see some
72. Imagination
73. Juice
74. K (vitamin) and that I got it when I needed it that time
75. Love
76. Mortgage amartization payments
77. Novacaine
78. Ocelots
79. Penguins
80. Quantum physics. Really. I find it interesting (the little bit I know and get)
81. Repairmen who don’t charge too much
82. Shoes
83. Tango
84. Urchin (sea urchin)
85. Vacuum
86. Wait staff
87. X-ray protection things to wear
88. Yo-yos and the day my mother took me to H’s (the store) and wanted a nicer one than the cheap one he first showed us (and we got it)
89. Vegan lip balm
90. Stars who share about being bipolar. That helps us
91. Kirstie Alley inspiring me to dance (“I was a little broken for a while” and how it healed her)
92. That I have pretty feet
93. Our wedding
94. My dress
95. My veil
96. The view
97. That I didn’t go to Gi that morning! : ) (could have been stuck there)
98. The guests
99. The violin and viola music
100. Me peeking out to hear it

1 comment:

  1. I borrowed ab.fab. From the library last summer, it's giggleriffic! Good job on your list, and on avoiding jury duty ;)

    Lol I've always envied pretty feets, I have the finger toes!

    Grats on getting the labels working.
    K

    ReplyDelete