Saturday, April 16, 2011

Today's 100 Gratitudes

I am grateful:

1. That I have my Sp to talk to every morning
2. That I have my morning routine now and it is good for me and I actually look forward to it
3. That I breathed all day yesterday and slept last night and those nightmares were just dreams and I am here to breathe this morning
4. For that beautiful prayer: God our Father, walk through my house and take away all my worries and illnesses and please watch over and heal my family in Jesus name, Amen. I know some of these are repeated, and will do extras beyond the 100.
5. Hot liquids
6. Hot foods
7. Refrigeration
8. Stove (stovetop and oven)
9. Microwave
10. Rice cooker/vegetable steamer
11. Slow cooker
12. Pots
13. Pans
14. Ladles
15. Big sppons
16. Spatulas
17. Wooden spoons
18. Slotted spoon
19. Flatwear
20. Silverplate
21. Cups and saucers
22. Mugs
23. Glasses. Of different sizes. What luxuries, when you really think about it
24. Plates
25. Napkins, paper
26. Napkins, cloth
27. Napkin rings
28. Kettle. And that it whistles; J was right.
29. That I connected with k on facebook yesterday. That was so nice. Maybe I will see her soon (without paying, just as a friend)
30. “I am not in this program to play the old game of people-pleasing.” Today’s For Today.
31. “I know, above all else, that my recovery comes before anything and anyone; that this is a right and necessary concern.” Also For Today today. “I listen graciously to all who offer help, but I follow the simple instructions of the twelve-step program…”
32. That I will probably see MA tonight.
33. And will probably help her with her issue of her life being too crowded
34. Grace. The word and the thing.
35. That the strength of Sp, who has what I want, corresponds with my needs (as stated in looking for a sponsor part of today’s For Today)
36. That J pointed out during the December break that I often get sick and have to rest for a couple of days at the beginning of a vacation. It reminds me of Sp saying that my thumb thing recently was God’s way of making sure I slowed down. And this is all to say that *this time * I am not sick. I have a little bit of a sore throat and am feeling so tired lately building up to this and now, and just want to rest and sleep but I know that I am not sick; I can take it easy; I do not have to be sick at the beginning of vacation. I have 9 days to do what I have done in far fewer in the past (the cleaning) and can go at a very humane-to-self tempo and build in lots of breaks: spiritual, physical activity, fun…
37. Jo hugging me yesterday and wishing me self-care.
38. D seeming to be nice to be lately
39. This one is definitely a repeat, so I will do extra, but I am *so * grateful that I do not have jury duty!
40. That I now also have that 2nd program thread: the oa one on o-o-c board
41. That I thought I might have trouble with gratitudes today and here I am already at 41!
42. That the MK list has so many e-mails on it
43. And that I was there to get it
44. That I am almost finished with Step Four. And being as searching and fearless throughout as I possibly can.
45. Today’s Voices of Recovery: “Think, pray, act. First, I think about my abstinence, remembering the life of hell my sobriety has saved me from. I remember with gratitude what my abstinent life has given me. Then I reaffirm my plan of eating. Next, I talk to my Higher Power, asking for the willingness and ability to protect my most precious possession – my abstinence. Then I take action by picking up one of the tools this program has given me and using it. If the compulsion remains, I repeat this process, using another tool when I get to the action step. This three-part process works, without fail, if I work it.”
46. The tools of recovery. A Plan of Eating
47. Sponsorship
48. Meetings
49. Telephone
50. Writing
51. Literature
52. Anonymity
53. Service
54. That I have looked up and listed the tools here and in a separate document. That I will go to a meeting today. Or at least to that health thing. Because although I love this morning routine, I cannot *just * do this. It would be too isolating. And I commit to either making at least one program phone call, or writing at least one program e-mail today too. Otherwise I would be just substituting one form of isolation for the overeating isolation I used to do. And I will at least do one load of dishes too. To take a step forward. And I am grateful for these commitments.
55. That I took my mother shopping today, and will take her to the bank on Monday
56. That I bought a multi-grain bagel at DD so as not to buy a white one or have fritos at the health fair
57. That I went to the health fair
58. That I took 4 classes
59. That the Imprinting one was amazing
60. They were all interesting
61. I got safely across parkway in rain to MA’s
62. Saw her
63. Spent 5 hours helping her
64. Bought her a date book
65. Had good diner dinner
66. Have leftovers
67. Spoke with J tonight. Forgot to ask about *his * day, but that’s ok
68. Tomorrow is b’day lunch with the girls
69. I will sleep a little late, do all my morning things, and get there. Then do one load dishes and/or laundry
70. And plan meals for the week
71. Mon. Ph comes!
72. And – I see J for a minute when brings!
73. And I clean! A lot!
74. And take my mother to bank.
75. And make sure I have a mop and PineSol and bucket
76. Tuesday early am I go food shopping : )
77. I feel ready to be more careful still, with my money now
78. And my time
79. I have all that I need
80. Someone said the hummus soup from Supermarket Vegan is fantastic
81. I was abstinent today
82. I do get to call Sp tomorrow morning : )
83. Shower and wash hair tomorrow evening
84. Buy S presents tomorrow morning on the way
85. Safe ride home from MAs, with all the rain and poor visibility
86. Remembered to call mother at about 4, so she’d not worry or call J
87. Next Sat is a 3-hour imprinting thing. I’ll check the price and see about it
88. Being more positive about future
89. And about hope
90. And about self
91. And about “The Secret” (law of attraction)
92. I don’t feel nervous in stomach the way I did this morning
93. I was able to politely walk out of the room that was not right for me today
94. I saw the health fair not through a fog like last time
95. The newcomer packets came!
96. I gave MA the good phrase, “I’m doing my breathing exercises.”
97. Notebooks
98. J getting it – important that P said will tell of her mistake
99. And Sp said Wow, that’s huge.
100. Unwinding right now; soon to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment