Friday, April 8, 2011

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. That I slept last night. And at one point at least, I think I was having pleasant dreams. I remember maybe waking up and wanting to go back into them?
2. That my coffee is done right now. And it didn’t ruin anything that at first I forgot to put the water in!
3. God in my life
4. The abundance of people I love, and/or love me, and/or we care for each other, in my life: J, my mother, Ph even though technically…, M, MA, ML, St, S, O, Jo, Mx, C, Mau, Mar, many many students, some people at work, L, R, A, Sh, Maura, Kr, Am, Sh and more from group
5. For the things I’ve learned about marriage and relationships and behavior. May it not be too late to use them.
6. Oh, the birds are so beautifully active this morning. They are singing up a storm outside my house. I am so grateful for the birds.
7. That I’m remembering to pray to God sometimes throughout the day
8. That that woman and her grandson in Japan got out from under the refrigerator
9. No longer seeing my character defects as “just who I am,” (today’s In This Moment meditation book) but working on them through Step 4.
10. Starting to clean out my chest with step 4.
11. The EA online people’s sharing.
12. And yes, I can say especially when I ask for something.
13. That I’m not alone as much as I had been , as I could be, even as I thought I wanted to be at times, thank God.
14. That F got take to ophthalmologist who said eye thing would be making him very tired and he will get glasses
15. And that she told me
16. That *my * 3-month check at ophthalmologist went so well yesterday, according to him!
17. That I may very well get to stay on the Xalatan, and if must go to generic, he says it seems to be very good so far.
18. Tomorrow I see my mother and I see Mar.
19. And I get to go shopping and can choose what to buy and eat first. And be realistic about it!
20. And Sun I see J! And his mother and my mother!
21. And next Sat I get to go to the health fair
22. And maybe even with J!
23. And next Sun I get to see MA, ML and S for b’day lunch, I think.
24. And then the week off, may I not be on jury duty, and I can get this place cleaned.
25. And then I will get N or someone else to clean once or twice. Maybe a company, so I can watch and learn, and don’t have to buy stuff just for her, plus they’re insured… Or a person who cleans in Sc., I can ask St…or MA’s person just the once or twice as extra.
26. That T is giving the test today
27. That I went on sp. sp. today
28. That I have so many books here
29. And the cute tree with the animals in it
30. And the windows, at least to look out of
31. And the globe, not all faded
32. And the relatively new maps, all 3
33. And the one large file cabinet
34. And the small plastic one in the closet
35. And the professional books
36. And the manuals
37. And the math manipulatives
38. And the magnet clippies
39. And the signs
40. And the what shall I do now chart
41. And the children’s stories
42. And the non-ficiton books
43. And the jigsaw puzzles
44. And the games
45. And the new jigsaw puzzle at home
46. And some time and good enough thumb to do some clean-up this weekend, which will feel good afterward
47. That I got to work and back safely.
48. That I got to buy raw spaghetti squash pesto (vegan, of course) at hfs today
49. That I took other parkway and avoided the potentially crazy traffic
50. That I was extra nice to CA
51. That S said yes, Sun does work next week
52. That M was so excited about her afternoon, and *was * very friendly to me (after …)
53. That she wrote I LOVE YOU
54. Simon and Garfunkel
55. Oprah
56. That 10 year song
57. And that 25 year song too
58. Those meat balls his grandmother made sandwiches on the biscuits J brought in during tv that night when we were dating
59. Frozen artichoke hearts
60. The Maryland visits
61. What a safe driver Ji was
62. What a safe drive Jo is
63. What a safe driver my father was
64. The bright happy value o the silver on my car
65. That I finally can have a silver car
66. That eye dr said not to worry about the generic
67. And did give me an idea about factory, but anyway…
68. That St e-mailed me about the movie
69. That I was not as high a weight as I thought I’d be this morning
70. That that has helped me so far today to do my leg-work after praying to God for an abstinent day
71. That Jo was able to e-mail me for more prayers
72. And that I shall give them, of course
73. And that she is in my life
74. Pretty stationary
75. K making paper with her class! Because of the recycling talk!
76. People who foster kids
77. Uplifting shows
78. This man I’m watching right now on Oprah who helped Travis, that kid
79. Liz Taylor’s AIDs organization
80. Michael J. Fox’ Parkinson’s work
81. Christopher Reeves’ work for spinal cord injury help – These people used tragedies for good
82. People who say *to me * God bless you. Not when they say it to everyone, for ex. J doesn’t want to hear it, so it can be intrusive. But to me, I do love it.
83. Most of the reputation I have in my work community
84. That yesterday I ate protein and whole grains and calcium and coffee and fruit and veggies
85. That today I can do same, and in smaller qualities (with God’s help). And I have so far.
86. Orchids
87. Lilacs
88. Lilies
89. Hyacinth
90. Tulips, all different colors
91. Morning Glories, especially mine
92. Carnations
93. Geraniums
94. Roses
95. Baby’s breath
96. Daisies, even though I shouldn’t really touch them: )
97. The early days of Sat Nt lv that I did used to watch
98. Waves. Bigger than at GI and smaller than at JB
99. That day with La?, when we stayed so long beyond where the waves break
100. And then at night in bed I still felt it
101. That day on the face-each-other-bench-swing at that relative’s house
102. And that that night in bed I still felt it

No comments:

Post a Comment