Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Yesterday's Hundred Gratitudes, Finished and Posted Today

I am grateful:

1. That they talked last night about if you work the program it does work.
2. Every one of the shares about the tools was great.
3. There was such recovery in that room.
4. And a spirit of positivity.
5. And M. felt it too.
6. And lives have changed.
7. It says in today’s For Today, “As always, I remain abstinent, accepting things as they are and reaffirming that I have placed my life in God’s hands.”
8. It says in todays Voices of Recovery, “What would I like such a power to be and do in my life? …Then we began to act as if such a power existed and we found good things happening to us as a result.” OA 12 & 12 p. 14
9. And it says “…let go, wait, and act as if.”
10. And “…do the footwork, turn it over, and allow God to take care of the results.”
11. And “The times when I allow God to do this magic are when miraculous things begin to happen.” This is one of my favorite things I’ve ever read. That’s why I’ve underlined it.
12. That I was abstinent yesterday!
13. Wow. That I was somehow able to do another 20 minutes of adding the stuff to Step Four this morning. Wow. It leaves me breathless, and I’m grateful that I was able to do it.
14. My lunch was healthy and delicious. A portion of my broccoli casserole, but with real Ezekial bread in it too, and a vegan burger as well.
15. M and I started writing our grant proposal for summer days with pay.
16. The meeting at lunchtime was okay.
17. I feel a breeze on me right now.
18. We did have outdoor recess, and part o the time there was a breeze.
19. I did have and wear my sunglasses.
20. Still, lately, my breath is really going more deeply and cleanly into my lungs. And I’m so grateful for that.
21. I think my kids had some good fun while learning today.
22. They are loving the book Helen Keller, as do I.
23. And I figured out to get the dvd and JUST show the meeting Annie scene (DOLL and locking in room), the food fight scene, the W-A-T-E-R scene, and the last scene).
24. M brought her whole calss in while wwe were practicing our states song. And it was fun (for all of us, I think).
25. Sp says sees big difference in my, from not just a year ago, like I think, but from 3 months ago even.
26. I *will * take Ph somewhere on leash (and maybe off) after school today. I must and I wll.
27. And I *will * put out the paper recycling tomorrow. I will.
28. And the garbage Friday. I will.
29. And I’m grateful for seeing M. do the garbage last may at her house and all that she does and it helped to inspire me to do more but also about what counts. “What are you trying to accomplish here?” as she says her father says.
30. Some things about the kids, like H’s smile and apparent happiness and comfort in my class.
31. W’s sweetness and saying C (12 -13 years old) “is just a nice guy.” So wholesome.
32. F. trying so hard, and doing better, and me being nice to him
33. Cl so sweet and dear and innocent
34. PS hearing Ph drink up her water so heartily right now.
35. Back to them: R singing Twinkle Twinkle
36. R being such a good kid, and actually joking (appropriately_ with me lately; feeling that good.
37. T writing her “persuasive letter” to *God * for other people in the world
38. Tay is back. And I love her. And I think she feels it. She’s a good heart, and I will put her someplace safe and make sure that teacher knows it.
39. E trying to sneak a ride on the chair while moving the meeting room table with that teacher yesterday. Very 2nd gr
40. D “Now that’s a multiplication table.”
41. Q being who he is and not wanting to change it (it appears) and who he is is a bit serious but still able to try to manipulate to get out of class with a friend (like bathroom or drink)
42. Their friendship
43. Al – a good kid with caring parents. Uncomplicated
44. M – affectionate, always holding my hand while we walk. Smart, cute, fun Can’t spell but we’ll see.
45. A – really seeming to come into her own this year. Yay.
46. That brunette in M’s class who loves me
47. Ma is feeling better about himself
48. J os doing so much better! I think she’s gonna be fine!
49. J shorter name seems happy and is thriving. And beginning to understand about being less obsessed about everything (may I too☺)
50. K – I’m being more patient to hear everything she has to say
51. An is much less wild than he used to be. But I don’t think I’ve broken his spirit. And I send him on more errands now – so he *can * use his energy and feel good.
52. J was less tired yesterday than the day before. And when I watch him in his “free” time, he does seem happy.
53. That while very slow yesterday, my laptop is working
54. That I got sleep last night. Lacking for a few nights.
55. That I think with my changes, there is hope for me and J. And so does my dr. And M. And MA.
56. Maybe I can work that event with him Sat?
57. That I spoke with my mother both am and pm yesterday
58. And maybe I can take her shopping Fri!
59. Fri I get to watch the royal wedding!
60. And see my hand doctor!
61. Mrs. Er said I should come by for coffee
62. So did Chris G
63. And the last two times with St, she seemed to like it (as do I). So I could probably do that again too
64. I haven’t killed myself. I am grateful for this.
65. I *have * been doing my meditation every single morning
66. I *have * been getting 100 gratitudes a day. Despite everything. And really, there are more (nothing finite; just choice to limit to a hundred)
67. Today is double prep day, yay.
68. I told Ma that P did the right thing.
69. A seems happier in her life these years
70. So does Ma
71. My plants in the classroom are doing fine. I’ll repot during the summer, when I’m summering them outside here
72. When I drive up to the house now, I see two batches of tulips, and hanging peturnias. Nice.
73. I am going to have a nice marriage.
74. With J.
75. I do my Affirmations every day.
76. These hours of work each morning *are * helping me. Thank God.
77. I am about to put out the paper recycling, and walk Ph! Yay.
78. Because of Daily Om and Recovery meditation, and EA online (for now at least), there is at least something in my e-mail every single day.
79. I am comfy in these “jammies.”
80. I was able to miss that book course yesterday and get home to Ph. No penalty. And will still read the book.
81. Which some people did like.
82. I had a good amount of broccoli yesterday. And protein. Too much food, but a good amount of broccoli and protein.
83. And although sorely tempted, no junk.
84. And no soda (which is really also junk).
85. I *will * shower this morning.
86. And see my dr later.
87. I will come home and let Ph out, and sit in the l.r. and work on my “letter” from my digital recorder and notes here, and show it to my dr. or at least tell him the idea
88. And probably go to the meeting tonight.
89. And get enough sleep.
90. And have healthy dinner
91. I have comfy places to set. Indoors and soon out. What wealth that is on this earth.
92. There is enough oxygen for me.
93. And greenery.
94. I hear the birds singing right now.
95. M’s smile.
96. People who keep confidences.
97. My J.
98. My mother
99. My father
100. My Noni
101. All my sponsor, Am
102. And S
103. And B
104. And R
105. And L
106. And B
107. And L

No comments:

Post a Comment