Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Abstinence

Okay, so yesterday I forgot and ate chips. And I remembered, but ate sandwich on Italian bread. And soda (non-diet but either is bad for me). All three at the luncheon. I think they set me off and I later ate a vegan cookie and a vegan frozen pizza all white flour, and too much food.

So, I need to define my abstinence here. I would like to do the following for the next 9 days, in order to call myself abstinent. But today, just to do it for today.
Here we go:

1. No Italian bread
2. No white pasta
3. No junk at all. That means cookies, cakes, candy, cupcakes, potato chips. It does not mean dark chocolate as of now, in small amounts (although I haven't had any in a very long time.) NOT the Ghiardelli chips; they are not okay. Okay is a square off a bar of dark chocolate.
4. No soda, diet or regular.
5. I must eat greens every day. Not count other vegetables (including salad) as fulfilling the greens requirement. The greens requirement is filled by kale, or collards, or broccoli, that sort of thing. Real greens. Not sure yet about cabbage if it can count. Chow mein veggies from Chinese restaurant can. Not sure yet about green beans, but think not so NO.
6. Up to two coffees each day.
7. As much water and tea as I want.
8. Some fruit is fine.
9. Some bread is fine.
10. Whole grain pasta and even some whole wheat is fine.
11. NOT the whole wheat rolls from the A&P.
12. NOT making choice to eat "like a normal person," just because I'm around others.

So, to summarize:
*No junk
*No white flour in large quantities or purely white
*No soda, regular or diet
*Greens every day

For today.

No comments:

Post a Comment