Saturday, June 18, 2011

Here's the Thing

My belief:

*All* of us: every human and non-human animal and even the trees and all other living things, at some time(s) will be sick, and at one time will die.

And all of us: every human animal and most or all non-human animals will have some bad things happen. Some are more fortunate than others. I don't know why. I don't know why - and I hope this is not too sensitive if anyone reads it - I don't know why I have not had to be in a concentration camp, why I have not had to be a prisoner of war, why I have not had to be in an iron lung... ... ... Some people have. Some of us have physical deformatites, mental illness, crimes committed against us, financial hardships or even ruin. Some of us have heartwrenching loneliness, or have lost loved ones to death by suicide or terrorism or painful disease. Some of us have work stresses and relationship issues. Some of us ... some of us ... some of us ...

Where I work, this year we lost 5 people (in the community at large) to suicide.
And one little child is horribly ill and either will die soon or be blind *and* deaf *and* paralyzed for life. And one has become horribly mentally ill.
My mother is having some old-age and serious illness issues.
J's mother has alzheimers.
My financial plans have not worked out and I will working a number of years longer than I would have.
And of course, I feel devastated by my situation with my husband.
Right now my left toe is broken and hurts all day every day, and my right thumb trigger-thumb is back.
I have to do all my end-of-school-year stuff without J., for the first time in about 15 years. And it is dusty. And I am allergic. And I happen to be sick right now.
My dog had to go back to him because I couldn't give her enough this week with my hours and all and she does not like being alone and is not alone there.

But
my point is that in life there is suffering. Period. It is part of it. I don't know why. Some people have reasons they believe in. I just don't know why. But I know it is a fact.

And
in life there is joy. And fun. And lots of times that may not be as "big" as joy but are not hardships either.

So
I think we should know that hardships have come and will again. And accept that. Just accept it.

And in between:
we should dance!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment