Monday, June 6, 2011

My CoDA Work, in Case It Might Help *You*

If anyone reads this, and feels they are co-dependent, which has to do with a desperate fear of abandonment and other things easily seen on their site (google Co-dependent Anonymous), I thought as a matter of service, I would tell her what I've been told to do by my Sponsor, and which is helping me a bit from the very first day just over a week ago when I added it to my daily OA work. Here it is:

*****AM*****
• Still in bed: Thank God for the day. Whether feel like it of not.
• (Make coffee now works for her and me).
• Sit down.
• Read In This Moment (CoDA daily meditation book, available to buy online through their site and at some meetings).
• Decipher feelings - BEFORE all the crap from other sources - don't even need to know why - hunger, anxious, nervous, neglected, whatever, positive and negative, all of it.
---It is apparently very important for co-dependent people to learn to recognize all their feelings. She has me using this little magnetic board (3 x 5?) with many many little magnetic feelings pieces from which I choose every day to put on the board. It is called:
"What Am I Feeling, and What Does It Mean?"
A Kit for Self-Growth and Healthy Relationships
"from award -winning author Eve A. Wood, M.D."
an In One Series Tool
It contains more than just the magnets and board but she only leant me that much.
It says on the back: USa $24.95 Printed in chine by Global PSD
wwww.Dr.EVeWood.com for more info her
I assume it is available to buy online through info above but haven't checked.
Then right away:
Sit down and journal:
• Put the feelings at the top.
• Start journaling from these. I woke up feeling
• I think it’s bec.
• I acted out co-dependently …
• I think next time I’ll do it differently


*****Later in day,***** (and she does more than once a day):
Process Writing. Like this:

• Write a resentment
• Against someone or something or self, for whatever

• And then you write: I have fear because

• And at end, write this prayer:
• Thank you for removing these fears. I ask only of your knowledge of Your will for me and the power to carry that out. (And can say Jesus too)

• Then you say:
• Thank you, Jesus, for removing these fears. I ask only of your knowledge of Your will for us (because with Kim here – on own say me) and the power to carry that out.

*****PM*****
• Write down feelings
• Discover whether felt better or worse and then can figure out
• And
• Write down 5 good things about self at end of day
• and celebrate them

(Plus meetings when can
Reading a lot)

==

No comments:

Post a Comment