Saturday, May 14, 2011

My One Hundred Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Forgiveness comes when you can give up the hope that you can change the past. (Oprah, as quoted by Sarah Ferguson on the Oprah show).
2. I am thankful for this program, OA, and that Ive found it, and that it is there for me.
3. That it feels good when I get up and do things, like make the coffee.
4. That I said what I said to J. Sunday night. And that my dr. did not see that as bad at all
5. And I want to step up and fight for my marriage.
6. And dr. said yes. “Take the offensive.”
7. That finally I’ve reached the point where I have too much to lose, and am ready/willing and able to stop being so passive and to *do * something about it.
8. In today’s For Today it says, “A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective.” Andrew Gide
9. And: “It was true yesterday, and it is true today: To keep my abstinence and continue to enjoy the promises of this program, I stay on the path that goes straight through rather than around life’s problems. It isn’t always easy. I am sometimes tempted to take the more attractive way out – my old compulsive overeater’s way.”
10. That I had some of those school dreams that I like last night.
11. That I took med I felt I needed, and finally unwound, and slept.
12. That I will get blood-work soon, because my dr. is concerned about possible blood sugar issues.
13. That I have this program for food – not just spiritual. Because I *need * to get my eating in order.
14. The lunches I’ve been having lately, veggie-intensive.
15. Real oatmeal, oats in the canister.
16. And that I’m having that this morning.
17. And that I *measured * *one * tablespoon of craisins and one of almond slivers and put them in. I feel much better about this breakfast.
18. That I am out of bread, so this happened.
19. That the Ezekial bread is so expensive, so I’m more likely to do this and other things.
20. Sp saying about president of the United States using a teleprompter. And when speaks extemporaneously sounds like an ass.
21. The Optimum people fixing my service over the phone yesterday. (And me knowing better now about unplugging and plugging in the skinny black cord on the back of the modem, then waiting a little (like seconds) and shutting down Firefox and reopening.
22. That some people on the Sp Sp have prayed for/are praying for our marriage.
23. Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. Matthew 18:19
24. Okay, so I had the wrong day for the meeting: ) But I did have the time, and that gives me another day without that stress
25. F. is doing ver well today.
26. I did 4 dras : )
27. M let us (child and me) se her classroom while Spa was in hall and I needed to do dras.
28. Beautiful weather today
29. Good safe ride-s so far.
30. Lots kids finished with Stanley report project on computer
31. And with the chapter packets too
32. And lots and lots of pages are finished in the Know the States booklets
33. And they sang all the words to the song today. Phew : )
34. I ate dark (leafy) greens at lunch. I think it was broccoli rab (with garlic and sundried tomatoes)
35. K Ch, helping others in class today, and saying trouble because have helped this one and he needs me again but now this kid wants something. Hee: ) And I said, laughing with her, “Welcome to my world.”
36. My protein at lunch too.
37. TFKs and all they teach them and how they like them and how they save me: )
38. Nice conversation at lunch today. And someone even left the other table because ours “sounded like more fun.” And I am part of that.
39. That there *is * hope for us. There is still hlpe for us. In a new way, better and stronger and healthier and more independent.
40. That I have (or will in days) all I need for the blue writing folders.
41. That they love computer math games.
42. That I’ll get to do the math grading one day this spring (I’d better look up which day lol)
43. The Animals Can help level 28 booklet
44. The help M gives me in teaching. Still. And regularly. Materials, etc.
45. Tr’s nice idea about singing the alphabet song to go with the signs today.
46. And her great pencil situaltion idea.
47. And that I’m open enough to learn from here
48. M not giving written hw on Thursdays anymore, and I don’t have to either. The do have spelling and reading…
49. That I watered the jade yesterday and the classroom plants today.
50. That I was home early yesterday, for when my dr. came.
51. That I’ve been remembering to call my mother every morning.
52. Chipmunks.
53. And that day we saw one here outside the window and all went to quietly look at it last fall.
54. Cabbage
55. The doe we saw at the end of our nature center trip the other day
56. And the kid(s) who pointed her out to us.
57. And that I took the line back to (quietly and respectfully) look at her
58. And the friendliness I had (have) with the bus driver (s).
59. That D made me those posters the other day.
60. That we, the teachers, do share more openly and I now know (an so do they, I expect) that we are all much the same.
61. That B told Mrs. Ha that I am “brilliant, and play the piano, and…)
62. And that Mrs. Ha told me
63. That my kids loe Onemorestory.com
64. That B told me about it.
65. That I will probably sleep tonight. And well.
66. That I thought of doing the colorforms thing (map?) on the smartboard
67. That M. just sent in the US puzzles – fabulous!
68. The times J and I have laughed together
69. The great sex we’ve had together. Oh.
70. The fun rides we’ve taken together in the car.
71. The swimming we’ve done together.
72. The sitting on the sofa and just holding and kissing times together.
73. The talking times together on the sofa (the old one)
74. And while walking.
75. And the fireplace times together.
76. And maybe I shouldn’t feel this, but the wine drinking times together too.
77. And the time e went to Cooperstown.
78. That ever flight I have taken has been ssafe.
79. And him too.
80. The many many times my mother and I have played canasta. And enjoyed it.
81. All those times we also played cards with Mary G.
82. And with Ginny.
83. And the visits by Lorraine I.
84. And at Betty’s
85. And at “Bessie in White Plains’.
86. And me and John teasing her about “Bessie in White Plains in Florida.”
87. The little free time I’m giving them now after how hard they worked today.
88. That everyone (present) got to do and have hung up their book of the month ting yesterday
89. That I am not all alone
90. That I have never had eye cancer
91. That I am not a shut-in
92. That I don’t need charity meals.
93. That I volunteered with orphans as a teenager
94. That I like driving now.
95. And that that dreadful PTSS is over!
96. That I’m pretty sure I’ll have my car cleaned soon.
97. Sports for the kids
98. That the new schedule changes don’t affect me or my grade.
99. That I’m pretty sure we three will be together in this grade again next year.
100. That maybe tomorrow I’ll let them make covers for their Fl. St. booklets and we can put them together Monday and practice then, for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment