Sunday, May 29, 2011

Not Ricotta Stuffed Shells (from Daisy)

***I do not do the stuffed shells. I do lasagna, which tastes like pesto lasagna (!) or now that I'm not really eating such white flour, I just put this mixture on whole-grain pasta, like a pesto sauce stirring *well*, so that I'm just using the ingredients and ignoring the directions below.
If I can find whole-grain lasagna noodles or stuffed shells, I will try that too!

1. 12 manicotti pasta shells cooked, drained, and cooled
2. 14 ounces extra firm toru, drained & crumbled
3. Two tablespoons olive oil
4. Three cloves garlic
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt (she uses more, I use less than this even, or totally omit)
6. 1/3 bunch fresh spinach, roughly chopped.
7. One tablespoon crushed dry oregano.

Combine ingredients two through seven in food processor and process until creamy. Stuff each shell generously. Sppon your choice of tomato or spaghetti sauce across bottom of baking dish. Place shells in dish and drizzle a bit more sauce across the top of shells. Bake at 350 degrees until sauce is bubbly and shells are heated through.

Can freeze them individually. Vacuum seal in servings.

***I have also changed this a lot on different occasions, depending on what I have in the house. Like more spinach, or frozen spinach defrosted, fresh parsley, might add a few nuts sometime, add water if using blender instead of food processor and not blending well, ...might add basil this summer...Always yum! And has veggie and protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment