Monday, July 14, 2014

The Magic July 14


Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have this time off,
Because so I can do my things.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for piano,
Because I look forward to it every day.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for E. warning me away from her explicit posts,
because I care for her and it is nice that she cared for me.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for the Magic Rock practice,
because it is always reminding me there is a lot of good. In EVERY day.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have this: that I can go shopping today for good great foods,
because I will make a list and do it. And eat well all week!
Thank you thank you thank you!
 
And I am very grateful for my 21 Day Fix coach and fb community,
Because I am not alone in it and have support! And I support others too! What a nice thing!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful that the guy who takes care of clean up outside here actually picks up check from my mailbox,
Because  that makes it so easy to pay!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for this_____ 
  ,
Because  it makes me feel so much better.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for the being gentle with myself,
Because I am walking through my day – and it is the second (?) time – with a slow sort of calm grace and dignity as I get things done.
I need this! And am SO GLAD I’ve found it!!!!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for J’s help yesterday, AND for our talks throughout the day and him calling me in the evening,
Because  - because...
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for the example of innocence I have experienced in so many children and non-human animals. May it influence me always,
Because it makes ME feel good AND it enables me to better help others, especially children.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am deeply grateful that Reikiing for my friend was so nice for me.
Because I was determined to do it for her no matter how it felt for me, so this was a bonus.
Thank you thank you thank you.

I am beyond grateful that there is more good in a day than bad. (It is not a Buddhist concept good vs bad of course, but I don’t pretend to be a Buddha, or a scholar even….)
Because my life is good. I just need keep open to that.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am grateful for the 21-day-fix booklet, which I will read again this morning,
Because it is easy and thorough and can, does, and will help me!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am grateful for the “thank you” with each step practice, which imay just use TODAY!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      That I got my mother to the hospital
2.      That the result was the best it could be: physical therapy and sometimes pills and she didn’t have to be admitted.
3.      I helped my friend whose beloved animal companion died.
4.      The Reiki I gave for her even benefited me, wow.
5.      I told off a priest. I know – that sounds horrible – but he was obnoxious – on fb – and got worse, and I spoke up for myself and ll Buddhists and all people who are open-minded and NOT pompous asses who think we know everything and pontificate to others! It was good for me to not give up and to respond. It was good for me to be strong. It was good for me to block; I have no desire to engage in a long-term debate with this person, or for him to be part of my life at all. And I don’t CARE. Ad that is good for me, I think!
6.      I got through the day. Hard day. Hard weekend. The 3 young-people deaths about which I heard in my former family, on Sat. The somewhat funky M and MA times. The slight sinking Sat am even before the hearing of the deaths. The mother-emergency yesterday. The talks with j. The friend’s pet dying in the middle of my priest issue no less. The nightmares last night. And yet, I did get through it all AND well AND --- there was much more good than not good!!!!!!!
7.      Brought to hospital: cell phone, iPad, Nook, and laptop. For me, D, Ma, in case we were there a long time. And D did use my laptop. Good.
8.      Showed mother pics of her ---- great-great niece! “Cause she doesn’t have internet at home but hospital did. In past, I have moved them to my desktop to show her. Yesterday I was able to do a bit more for her. And show her cousin too. Nice!
9.      She is not in the pain like before. Phew!! Thankful!
10.   I offered the prayer and Reiki for my friend as she wanted me to, but thought it would be VERY hard. But it was actually nice anyway!
11.   And I even wrote a poem for the dear pet.
12.   Although I had some funky dreams, they were interesting.
13.   And I did sleep.
14.   M called first thing this am.
15.   I am even glad that she woke me. ‘Cause I would have overslept terribly. And I don’t need that.
16.   I SO did not want to go to hospital yesterday! This may sound terrible but I felt selfish and didn’t want to be bothered. But I did do the right thing (of course). And I am so grateful for this.
17.   Tire light on but I made it phew. Didn’t get stuck with mother!
18.   Had great veggie and fruit blast in Nutribullet!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Health:
1.      Thank you, breath! You keep me alive. And you come easily to me for so long now! Thank you thank you thank you, Breath!
2.      My voice. I could not speak for the better part of 8 months and I never have to think about it now; it just comes! Thank you thank you thank you, Voice!!
3.      My eyes see. Whatever conditions they have, blah blah blah, I do see! Thank you thank you thank you, Eyes!
4.      My carotid arteries are indeed clear enough despite the scare! It is a new lease on life! Thank you thank you thank you, Carotid Arteries!
5.      My lungs are healthy and do all I need. And I enjoy them. My breath is even deeper now! On a regular basis! Thank you thank you thank you, Lungs!
6.      My kidneys work. They just do. I don’t even have to think about them! And I even have an aide this coming year for 2nd time in a row, which means I can go to bathroom when need to! Thank you thank you thank you!
7.      My breasts are healthy. Thank you thank you thank you, Breasts!
8.      My entire digestive system works, top to bottom. Thank you thank you thank you, Digestive System!
9.      My liver does its job, no problems, and not even a thought or an effort from me! Thank you thank you thank you, Liver!
10.   My ears work. I can hear birdsong and children laughing and beeps of communication and voices of people talking to me and music and so much! Thank you thank you thank you, Ears!

Thank you thank you thank you!

J.   
1.      Thank you for the call last night
2.      Thank you for the help with mother yesterday
3.      Thank you for the help with the directions to course last week
4.      Thank you for the times you were so THERE for me in hospitals for me AND for my mother
5.      And how you were there for her too
6.      Thank you for your voice and that I still get ot hear it; I love it
7.      Thank you for the help picking the piano, which took over a year
8.      Thank you for your support about me making sounds with it always! Never ending support in that way
9.      Thank you for not blinking about the money
10.   Thank you for considering me now.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment