Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Very Important Gratitudes! The Magic July 9


July 9

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have this transformative experience of the arts-immersion this week,
because it couldn’t have come at a better time, because I am able to really internalize it, and because it is even fun and invigorating!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for it all coming together now,
because I started the exercise firths, got out of school, started summer well this year, added the food plan, worked a day, and am now in the arts class. Lucky me!
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I am truly grateful for mindfulness,
Because it was the first step in my transformation. And because when I was taught it, by Thich Nhat Hanh himself (oh my goodness!), it was all about my comfort. Not strict uncomfortable rules, but allowing me to be.
I am so beyond grateful for this!
And for the opportunity to share it as mentioned below.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for the transformation from spiritual only to body. Through the breathing of mindfulness meditation and now finally, exercise and WANTNG to move more.
because THIS – it turns out – is the time of my life. The time of MY life. Not about being in need of someone else.
Yet having other people in my life and knowing I am part of it/ them all and need that, yes.
But being a full person on my own. Oh my gosh!
All this work has been so totally ‘otally worth it!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have heard back from one of Thich Nhat Hanh’s monks,
Because  I will be in on the ground floor of the mindfulness education in schools project. Oh, lucky me to get to share in this way and not have to wait to!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for my answer when asked Monday morning, “How are you?” by a higher-up I haven’ seen in a while,
because my answer was, “I’m wonderful!” And shwe was thrileed, “Well anyone who can say THAT…” And I realized – omg I am! Because I DECIDE to be. Every single day. And you can too!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for EJ,
because I was so - frightened. So – alone. And so scared that I might be sitting alone in cyberspace when doing such hard work, few years ago working daily on so many readings and prayers etc. So sad that might be 100% all alone. And then she popped up, “Honey you are not all alone in cyberspace. I am here.” And she has been with me throughout the whole process ever since.
I will never stop hoping, wishing, and praying for EJ and her family.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for inspirational people,
Because I just saw a 2-year-old on the news, born without a leg and without a foot, walking first steps with a little walker and so happy. I am not “handicapped” at all except for my own fears, and people like this child remind me that MY experiences of joy… no matter WHAT others are doing or thinking, are mine and are valid and I can continue having them!
Thank you thank you thank you.
(And bless you, Little One).

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for age,
because it is freeing me to be myself and care less what others think. So I can actually give MORE!
Oh, thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for the movie Violette and my seeing it the past weekend, exactly when I did,
because every time I look into the life of another, I get to realize further how much I “inter-am” with all. And it is the way it is meant to be, I believe, and it is wonderful.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      This feeling while walking downtown, that it didn’t matter if stairs, little hills… I am strong. I can FEEL it. Yaaaaay!
2.      Came straight home and exercised again, like day before.
3.      Had good time there.
4.      Loved the performance we got to see.
5.      Twice during the day was AWARE of the positive impact on my thoughts, from people who think differently than I. That was nice.
6.      Great trip both ways.
7.      Chatted with mother and with MA after work. And A of course. All was nice.
8.      Good email exchange with M.
9.      Birds flying.
10.   I am loving the independence of the commute. THAT’S a surprise.
11.   I awakened today feeling good. Walking through house and feeling strong.
12.   A colleague telling me yesterday that she’d seen my email and would have been happy to drive in to course with me (I’d asked if anyone would) but has moved and lives right near it now. That was nice.
13.   Was able to get online at course yesterday. Yay that was good.
14.   Did my hw and note taking. Goody.
15.   Dreamt about it even, being at that place. Nice.
16.   Magic Rock practice.
17.   The foods that I ate.

Thank you thank you thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you so much for the shout out. I'm so thrilled to see your genuine peace and happiness. It's never perfect or constant, for any of us, but if it's there more than it's not, you're in a great place. And I'm so pleased for you. Wish I could give you a hug. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know when you're in the area and I will meet you and treat you! Can even host you. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete