Friday, July 4, 2014

The Magic July 4


I started to hover around falling a little bit last night but I did two things.
1. Slept a lot. Because I knew that I was very tired and the exercise after work was hard, and I should just not look for more trouble, but give myself some sleep.
2. DECIDED this am when it was still there upon awakening: Would you rather focus on that, or on all you have to be grateful for?! The latter, thank you!
And said "Thank you thank you thank you even as walking to bathroom.
And - it has WORKED!!!!!!!!
Oh, thank you thank you thank you!!!

July 4

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have good safe car and rides,
because these are easy to take for granted but they are VERY important!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for days off,
because yesterday working really showed me again how I appreciate them! : )
Thank you thank you thank you

I am truly grateful  and thank you more than words can say for the way I’ve been USING these days off so far this summer!
Because it has made my days worthwhile! And I have not sunk into a depression. And it is even ALSO (but NOT only) building for future.
Oh, thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my stepping outside my comfort zone now more,
because EVERY TIME I step outside my comfort zone, it expands!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have good healthy food, in face so much of it available daily that I actually have overeating issues,
Because I am not starving and have no lack at all.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for the arts and other entertainment,
because music, paintings, sculpture, books, even theater and movies and even tv add so much to life.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my friendship with A!
Because we keep each other company online a lot and we understand each other and accept each other and we help each other and cheer each other on.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my health oh my gosh,
because how very fortunate I am to be able to breathe and see and hear and walk and talk and move my hands and arms and exercise and play piano and swim and drive and – everything that I can do!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for the book The Magic, the exercise in 21 Day Fit, and the food pan in 21 Day Fit,
because these 3 practices have changed my life and are continuing to do so.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for Thich Nhat Hanh and his monks and nuns, and mindfulness practices,
because they have changed me and are changing me and my life for the better too!
Thank you thank you thank you!

And I am so grateful to be in America.
Because of all my tremendous freedoms!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      Was with M at work day
2.      DID the work day
3.      And made money too
4.      CONTRIBUTED.
5.      Have – gulp – more responsibilities for next school year also. But – am grateful for opportunity to CONTRIBUTE MORE to education, children, and the future of my district! Wow!
6.      Stuck to my good lunch 21 day fix
7.      Was THERE for M, when she told me her grandmother, as of night before, has hospice now. Thank you that I am there for her in every way.
8.      Magic Rock practice oh thank you!
9.      Happy drinks (nutribullet – nutrition not alcohol lol)
10.   Happy birds
11.   Laughter
12.   Possible trip coming up some of us from work as of yesterday! Fun!
13.   Good chat with mother.
14.   Good French lesson
15.   Exercised AFTER work! No time in morning, and after work did NOT want to! It was HARD! But – I DID IT!!!!!!
16.   Relaxing tv pm.
17.   Slept.
18.   Interesting dreams!
19.   Slept a LOT. Let body decide. Every year, I COLLAPSE for couple days after school lets out. Did not let myself this year.Plus worked, which virtually never do after last day with kids, so was REALLY tired. Even started to fall a little emotionally. So slept all needed! Yay!
Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment