Thursday, July 14, 2011

My One Hundered Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. That I was able to thank God for letting me wake up this morning
2. That the weather is *gorgeous *
3. That I have the windows open and beautiful breeze coming in
4. The yellow of these carnations.
5. That I was just doing my Affirmations on my blog and this thing popped up on the side, saying, Does God love me? Yes. With this site: PeaceWithGod.net
6. And I went to it
7. And it has beautiful quotes.
8. “I have loved you with an everlasting love.” Jeremiah 31:3
9. “God loves you, and He loves you with a love that you don’t even know anything about, because there is no human love comparable to divine love. God loves you. He wants to forgive you. He wants to have fellowship with you.”
10. “God is love . . . -1 John 4:16
11. “It doesn’t make any difference how far you tried to run from God. He loves you. His eye is on ou. He sees you. God loves you, and the Bible says that God sent His Son from heaven to this earth for you. Jesus Christ came to this earth to take your sins upon a cross.”
12. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord. “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
13. “God created us in His image – and you as a person are important to God.”
14. “Indeed the very hairs of your head are numbered.” Luke 12:7
15. And I’ve found these very comforting.
16. And – they have inspired me to want to read the Bible again.
17. And then it said: “God created mankind in His image…”Genesis 1:27
18. And “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that whosever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life…” John 3:16
19. “…and he wouldn’ve died had you been the only person in the whole world. He loves you. Don’t ever forget He loves, loves, loves, loves you.”
20. “When Jesus Christ was nailed to that cross He did that for you. That’s how much He loves us>
21. “The Bible says, ‘I have loved thee with an everlasting love.’ Forever and ever and ever and ever and ever!”
22. “God loves you, and God has a plan for your life.”
23. And “Who is Jesus – and what does His life, death, and resurrection mean to me? Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” John 14:6
24. That for some reason (lol some reason) I feel right now like just following my food plan today. Disassociated from my emotions.
25. And reading the Big Book a little too.
26. “Love your enemies.”
27. “Bless those that curse you.”
28. “Turn the other cheek.”
29. “…Jesus rose from the dead…”
30. “Oh, but this just wasn’t any ordinary sacrifice because He became the way, the truth and the life, and we now have a way through [to?] the Father through Him.”
31. “Through the cross we’re now able to get across that great divide caused by sin, separating us from him, and He’s calling us, but we’ve got to come. See, the choice is still ours, but He has provided all the love.”
32. “’For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son,’ and if we only believe that Jesus Christ paid this price…”
33. And this: “Jesus Christ said, ‘You shall know the truth…’”
34. And it goes on: “Can God really change my life? No matter who you are or how you’ve lived your life tot his point, God will receive you into his family. He will change you and make you complete. Trust Him, as these people and millions of others hae done.”
35. “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?” Jeremiah 32:27. Oh, this is one of my favorite quotes ever!
36. “Here I am! I stand at the door knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in…”Revelation 3:20
37. “The Spirit of the LORD will come upon you in power…and you will be changed into a different person.: 1 Samuel 10:6
38. And this: “What do I Have to do to go to Heaven? God’s not waiting to judge you. God’s not waiting to condemn you. He’s waiting to receive you with mercy with love with open arms and forgive all your sins. Will you come to Him? Will you turn from your sin and promise to live for Him? ‘…If you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.’ –Romans 10:9”
39. “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become childen of God.” John 1:12
40. “He then brought them out and asked, ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ They replied, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved…’” Acts 16:30,31
41. And “God knows who you are, He loves you, and He wants you to know and love Him How do you do that? First, admit that you, like all of us, are a sinner. Being sinners means we have wronged God and fall short of his perfect standard. It also means we are separated from Him and deserve His judgment. But He loves us! God sent His own son Jesus Christ to die for our sins. He died for your sins. He was punished so you don’t have to be. Not only that, death did not defeat Him. After three days Jesus rose form the dead, alive again!”
42. “Trusting in Jesus’ sacrifice for you is the only way to find forgiveness from God and to begin a relationship with Him. We urge you to take this step of faith today. To dot hat simply talk to God – this is called praying – and tell Him you believe in His Son.”
43. “We suggest a prayer like this: ‘Dear God, I’m a sinner. I’m sorry for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I believe that Jesus Christ is your Son. I believe that He died for me. That He rose from the grave. That He’s alive. I want to invite Him to come into my heart to take control. From this day forward forevermore. And I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen’”
44. And “Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up…”Acts 20:32
45. I just did my kneeling and prostrate prayers, and I do believe that God, who created all of heaven and earth…can heal my marriage.
46. I’m grateful that I didn’t have to have a/c on last night (environment and money)
47. I am quite fearful and lonely for J right now. So I’m particularly grateful for today’s For Today: “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every enperience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.”
48. And “You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lied through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’”
49. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” Eleanor Roosevelt (47 – 49)
50. And this: “The inability to face my fears was one of the primary contributing factors of my illness. If I did not look fear in the face, I would not know what it was made of; and if I did not know my fears, I would not feel them. Compulsive overeating did an admirable job of helping me bury my fears alive.”
51. And this one: “The OA program excels in helping us deal with our fears.”
52. “One small step at a time, we discover what terrifies us, pass through it and go on with our recovery.”
53. “Enlisting the help of a sponsor – and using the other tools – is an effective way to begin facing fear.”
54. And this, which I really need: “For today: The help I need to deal with fear is available in the twelve-step program, the OA members and the tools. Am I using that help?”
55. Today’s Voices of Recovery: “…by setting down our grievances in black and white, we place a boundary around them.” OA 12 & 12 p. 71
56. “My writing is a continuation of my prayer time because it takes the form of a letter to my Higher Power.. I lay out whatever is going on with me: my fears, my concerns, my questions, my failures, my successes.”
57. “Instead of thoughts floating around in my head with no beginning and no end, they assume shape and size when I write them down. More often than not, within a short time, I receive answers to my questions, comfort for my failures; in other words, whatever I need.”
58. “My problems don’t seem so large when they have boundaries.”
59. “I gain new perspective on things and see solutions where before I only saw chaos.”
60. “Today I am willing to spend fifteen minutes putting down on paper what is going on in my head so that I can see more clearly and gain sanity.”
61. And I think this is what I’m starting to do with CoDA work, as writing, other than step work, has never been a tool I’ve understood/used. So I’m grateful.
62. Today’s In This Moment: “In This Moment, I go alone. It’s not that I prefer to be alone, or don’t want a companion who enjoys the things I like, but I don’t let the absence of a friend keep me from doing the things I want to do. I no longer stay home and feel sorry for myself, or go where others want to go, even though I don’t. Sometimes, I travel to new places. Sometimes, I sit on the beach alone. I’m working to be true to myself. If a healthy relationship is in my future, I’m ready.”
63. Wow. I wish to believe this one. In today’s Language of Letting Go: “We Are Lovable. Even if the most important person in your world rejects you, you are still real, and you are still okay.” Codependent No More. Boy, I really need to believe this one.
64. And: “Do you ever find yourself thinking: How could anyone possibly love me?” Yes!
65. And: “For many of us, this is a deeply ingrained belief that can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” Yes: ( I did that. So sad. So sad. Grateful to read it.
66. …”While growing up, many of us did not receive the unconditional love we deserved. Many of us were abandoned or neglected by important people in our life. We ma have concluded that the reason we weren’t loved was because we were unlovable. Blaming ourselves is an understandable reaction, but an inappropriate one. If others couldn’t love us, or love us in ways that worked, that’s not our fault. In recovery, we’re learning to separate ourselves from the behavior of others.
67. “And we’re learning to take responsibility for our healing, regardless of the people around us.”
68. And it also says: “Just as we may have believed that we’re unlovable, we can become skilled at practicing the belief that we are lovable.
69. “This new belief will improve the quality of our relationships.
70. “It will improve our most important relationship: our relationship with our self.
71. “We will be able to let others love us and become open to the love and friendship we deserve.”
72. “today, God, help me be aware of and release any self-defeating beliefs I have about being unlovable. Help me begin, today, to tell myself that I am lovable. Help me practice this belief until it gets into my core and manifests itself in my relationships.”
73. I’m grateful that I went to the gym and exercised, and saw O too
74. And went with her to a Liquidators store
75. And that she got what she needed
76. And I got sponges and white placemats to brighten up the place and post-its
77. And IF I WANT I can go with my mother and nephew later
78. And then give O dinner
79. And then we go to meeting
80. And that R called and asked me if I wanted a ride tonight in case my thumb wasn’t well yet. That was nice
81. I’m grateful that Ste just wrote me her story, as question 1.
82. And that I wrote back in kind.
83. Wow. I was sitting here feeling like shit (about husband situation, of course). And watching Dr. Oz and looking through one of the cookbooks I bought last night and loving it. (The Garden of Vegan by Tanya Barnard & Sarah Kramer, who also wrote how It All Vegan which I have and like too). And then I opened the second one, which has appealed to me for a long time. It is called The Vegan Table, by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, who also wrote The Joy of Vegan Baking which I have and is fantastic.And I was reading the dedication page and had to add these thoughts to my gratitudes because I’m so grateful for them. AND that they are shared here for so many to read. Including the beginning, which says: “My hope is that we can all navigate through this world with the grace and integrity of those who most need our protection.”
84. And “May we have the sense of humor and liveliness of the goats,
85. And “the maternal instincts and protective nature of the hens,
86. And “and the sassiness of the roosters.
87. And “May we have the gentleness and strength of the cattle,
88. And “the wisdom, serenity, and humility of the donkeys.
89. And “May we appreciate the need for community as do the sheep
90. And “and choose our companions as carefully as do the rabbits.
91. And “May we have the faithfulness and commitment to family of the geese
92. And “And the adaptability and affability of the ducks.
93. And “may we have the intelligence, loyalty, and affection of the pigs
94. And “and the inquisitiveness, sensitivity, and playfulness of the turkeys.
95. And last: “may we learn from the animals what we need to become better people.”
96. This may be sick, but I’m grateful that some of J’s calls still come here and he hasn’t bothered to change that. I just got one.
97. And I’m grateful that I was able to follow dr’s orders and just send a sort of neutral little e-mail – not call etc.
98. And I’m grateful that co-sponsor asked me to co-chair meeting tonight
99. And that I’ve just prepared dinner and set table and will serve O dinner in-between her work and our meeting
100. And that MAYBE JUST MAYBE I’ll be able to do this lightly some time for future with J
101. And that I’m going to be preparing CHEAPER foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment