Thursday, October 18, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. That I had those nightmares last night. They were horrible. Horrible. But they do help me know what’s going on with me and steer toward what steps I have to take. 2. I am grateful that I awoke from the nightmares. 3. I am grateful that they are recurrent, that theme anyway. 4. I am grateful that I just journaled about it. 5. And that I did try to reach mother’s doctor and social worker yesterday evening. 6. And that I did make it into school yesterday. 7. And that we have the book fair for 40 minutes today. 8. And that T works in my room an hour a day. I love her. 9. That L. just called. 10. And shared HIS nightmare with ME. 11. And I shared mine with him. 12. And it felt better writing it out. 13. And then, when I shared it with him, he said, "Representation of situation of being stretched to limit of work demands and taking care of mother." Plus, I think it’s about not believing I can do it all. I cannot. I am failing – will fail. 14. Today’s Language of Letting Go. Like this: Today, I will stop clinging to the painful lessons of the past. 15. Coffee this am 16. And Lady Grey tea. That J. had bought me. 17. Hope. 18. My senses. 19. I am grateful for that walk the day before yesterday. 20. And that I’ll probably take one today. 21. And that I AM going in. 22. I am grateful that I have never been in a terrorist attack. 23. And that I have food in the house that I have cooked. 24. And that last night my mom and I had nice words, after the tense ones. 25. And that J. called “to check in on me.” That was so nice. 26. I am grateful for lunch yesterday with O. 27. And I will be having dinner with her tomorrow eve. 28. And then going to L. on Saturday am. 29. Grateful that found that site I was looking for just now 30. And that that terror plot in NYC was just foiled. 31. That I am a teacher. 32. And so grateful that I am ABLE to do my job. 33. And that I CARE FOR the kids 34. That someone at work is going to teach me that comp. thing tomorrow 35. And it will not rain today (so I can take that walk) 36. Soon I shall clean out my car. 37. Grateful for my dr., who might come next week 38. And that I am about to tell M about her not listening - - - carefully 39. Grateful for anyone who sees this! 40. And for my clean hair 41. And my hands and all they do for me, including typing. 42. That I am not a slave 43. That my neighbors all seem nice 44. And L’s too 45. That doggie is happy. I miss her so much and wish my allergies and schedule would allow me to have her, but so grateful that she is happy! 46. That I have a nice class 47. With nice parents 48. That my mother finally knows I’m dating L. 49. And is happy that he pays and takes me places (not shallow; just as opposed to J) 50. That J DID pay when he could xo 51. Every good kiss I’ve ever had 52. That I have flown 53. And safely 54. That my skin care does not use animal products 55. Or test on animals 56. And my makeup doesn’t use animal products 57. Or test on animals 58. My nice little glass of wine last night. 59. That although I’m very tired, it’s not as bad as it could be 60. Email. 61. And that I email myself things I want to send from school to home computer. 62. Good books 63. My Nook! 64. Reading on my Nook in be 65. My colleague, N. 66. That I am not in charge of everything. Ex. Team at school. I am in charge of too much as it is. 67. Very healthy breakfast just now. 68. And Yogi peach detox tea 69. Bowel movements 70. My heart beating. Beautiful thing. 71. Mindfulness meditation 72. And living 73. And walking 74. That I don’t have cancer 75. Or heart disease. 76. Claritin 77. Xalatan eye drops! 78. That my opthamologist is not worried 79. And says not to worry 80. Vegetables 81. That I had broccoli at lunch yesterday 82. Ezekial bread 83. Every bit of safety I have 84. That when my car was burgled, it wasn’t stolen 85. That I can walk 86. And see! 87. And read! 88. London. That wonderful wonderful trip! 89. That I really did it! 90. That I do not feel afraid of the drive this coming weekend. 91. That I have been able to use the elevator at the hospital 92. And even the nursing home. 93. Gary Null 94. John Grey’s Venus/Mars ideas 95. Sunscreen for summer anyway. 96. That I color but do not dye my hair 97. Good nutritional information 98. Good scientists 99. My classroom 100. A piano in my classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment