Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My 100 Hundred Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. Dental floss 2. Toothpaste 3. Tic tacs 4. Toothbrush 5. My toothbrush that I keep at L’s, too 6. Sitcomz 7. My hands 8. My eyesight 9. Li and ALL the help he’s given me 10. And now it is Tuesday morning. I am grateful that I woke up. 11. And that I slept. 12. And that I have my readings. 13. Our art program yesterday 14. Such nice parents 15. Such happy kids 16. That I seem to be helping little H, who is so scared all the time, it seems, of “getting in trouble” or something. 17. Not being so lonely anymore. 18. This relationship with L. I think it’s right for me right now. More would pull me right back in to giving up myself and becoming fully obsessed. Less would leave me feeling more lonely. 19. This relationship is helping me grow. 20. And stretch. Step outside my comfort zone more. 21. And be more active. Which is VERY good for this lazy introvert! 22. And it is brining me some pleasure. 23. That I meditated a little yesterday. 24. With the students. 25. And they sat IMMEDIATELY and “got into it!” I’m so glad for them as well as for me. 26. That my piano at school got tuned 27. And even more importantly, fixed! : ) 28. Today’s Language of Letting Go. Wonderful! 29. Wow! Today’s “Today’s Gift” – I’m really glad I chose to do the extra today. That’s a great one. 30. “In what ways is my life comfortable, easy, and full of love?” Wow. Yes. Like comfortable in terms of temperature here (home) and at work. 31. And drive in. An easy, pleasant drive. 32. And if I go the slightly longer way, it’s even a particularly beautiful ride. 33. And look at all the foods I bought yesterday. 34. And I have phones 35. And a cell phone. Wow. 36. Easy – I am not spending hours of my life worrying about scrambling for survival. 37. Easy – I have so many conveniences. Like microwave 38. And oven 39. And burners 40. And sinks 41. And tub with shower 42. And hot water 43. And refrigerator 44. And lights 45. And laptop 46. And Nook . . . 47. Full of love – I have M 48. And O 49. And MA 50. And J 51. And L 52. And Jo 53. And S 54. And St 55. And the students 56. And their parents 57. Today’s Each Day a New Beginning. I’m glad I did that one too. 58. This line from it: “Our own thoughts and words, our own labels can become as powerful as those of our youth.” 59. And this too: “It takes practice to believe in ourselves. But we can break the past's hold on us.” 60. Those 2 free health magazines at the hfs. 61. God 62. Meditation 63. Thich Nhat Hanh 64. His monks and nuns 65. I am still – ever? – so grateful that I got to go to London. 66. And that I did go. 67. And that I did it alone. 68. And planned it alone. 69. And LOVED it!!!!! What a wonderful experience. I am SO fortunate. Still paying it off, lol. First time since in my 20’s with credit card debt . . .but SO grateful! 70. Very grateful for “Food for Thought” reading today too. 71. And I have hummus – Fantastic hummus from the box. 72. And it has less fat and fewer calories than the store-bought 73. but is less trouble than the homemade. 74. And tomatoes 75. I lost the 5 pounds I’d gained. 76. And 5 more. 77. And I’m about to have breakfast 78. And make my lunch to bring. 79. I am grateful that I bring my lunch. 80. And that my gratitudes are helping M! 81. And L! 82. A meditation for today which says, “Though it may seem a paradox, we must believe in spiritual forces, which we cannot see more than in material things which we can see, if we are going to truly live. 83. “In the last analysis, the universe consists more of thought or mathematical formulas than it does of matter, as we understand it. 84. “Between one human being and another only spiritual forces will suffice to keep them in harmony. These spiritual forces we know, because we can see their results although we cannot see them. 85. “A changed life – a new personality – results from the power of unseen spiritual forces working in us and through us. 86. “Prayer for the Day I pray that I may believe in the Unseen. I pray that I may be convinced by the results of the Unseen, which I do see.” 87. I walked at lunchtime again for half an hour. 88. And it was threatening to rain, and drizzling a little. But I did it anyway. 89. And it was wonderful! 90. And – my legs were like BEGGING me to! 91. Then I brought the walkers for my mother 92. After getting them before school 93. And I’m happy that I “just did the next right thing” AND that she was so thankful “for everything.” 94. The kids are so cute. 95. And I think I’m beginning to understand the cryers 96. And help better. 97. The science today was fun for all. 98. I am grateful for safe drives again. So many safe drives. So lucky. 99. And that I took the time for ME – to have MY healthy breakfast and pack MY healthy lunch. 100. This is the second day in my adult life that I really put myself first in a healthy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment