Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Today's Reading - Voices of Recovery

"...we focused on others' faults and thought for hours about what they should do to solve their problems, while our own problems went unsolved." OA 12 & 12 Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous p.. 12 I've done that for hours. I've done it for days when someone made me angry. I've done it for years when I thought about how I was brought up. When people share the mess instead of the message, at meetings or elsewhere, I realize that I am not alone in getting things backward. I'm grateful that something (Could it be my Higher Power?) has been waking me out of these long reveries with the question, "And am I doing what I would suggest to them?" It's promising when I realize how my advice would apply to myself. It's progress when I put my advice into practice. May I tell myself early and often to mind my own business. May I take notice and act accordingly when my Higher Power gently makes a suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment