Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Today's Reading - For Today

"Discord gives a relish for concord." Publilius Syrus Fighting the disease of compulsive overeating is fighting myself. That struggle gave me a deep appreciation of the peace I found in OA. That is one reason not to regret what I had to go through to get here. Being human, however, I still bring discord into my life: I sometimes get angry over my own and others' mistakes; I argue over minor matters as though my life depended on it; I eat too much and hate myself for it. Thank God, I can accept all that today. I am a human being and a compulsive overeater recovering one day at a time. For today: I am aware of the progress U have made in this program. My moments of discord show me how great my blessings are.

No comments:

Post a Comment