Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Today's Reading - Voices of Recovery

"Rather, we came to understand that the basis for stopping our compulsive eating behaviors - and staying stopped - in personal inner change." A Plan of Eating p. 1 Change is the key word for me in the above quote. I went into the program looking for another diet club. I kept coming back because I couldn't understand how Overeaters Anonymous worked. I kept looking and listening for the solution, and finally I found it. I would have to change the way I was eating, behaving, and thinking. The changes would happen inside myself, so the outside could change. The directions for how to change were in the Twelve Steps. Somehow, I knew that if I followed the Steps, I would achieve physical, emotional, and spiritual health. I am grateful to a program of recovery that has allowed me to understand that recovery from compulsive eating is possible if I choose to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment