Friday, October 19, 2012

Today's Reading - Voices of Recovery

"It is in the OA message - in our Steps and Traditions - that we find solutions to our problems. Living by these principles has saved our lives." OA 12 & 12 pp. 146-147 The principles of honesty, hope, faith, courage, integrity, willingness, humility, self-discipline, love, perseverance, spiritual awareness, service, unity, trust, open-mindedness, responsibility, acceptance, equality, and fellowship are to be our focus. Our problems brought us to OA. OA brings us back to ourselves, to our fellow sufferers, and to God. We are more than our problems, and OA gives us a fellowship to learn this. Every day I have choices! Before OA I didn't feel I had any. All I need to do is work the program. Thank God for the people who have gone before me to help show me the way. Thank God I can now be useful to help someone else. Indeed my life has been saved, and I am a grateful recovering compulsive overeater. What principle will I practice today?

No comments:

Post a Comment