Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Today's Reading - In This Moment

In This Moment, I feel sadness. Daddy worked into his eighties. Then he started having problems orienting himself. In a short time, he had to stop working and driving. He has dementia. On the outside he looks like my father. On the inside, well, I just don't know what's going on inside him these days. Thank God for my years in CoDA. Thanks to recovery, I let go of wanting Daddy to be different. I accept my father as he is, a man who is often frustrated and sometimes drinks, who loves my mother and me very much, wHo cares deeply for family and friends. Once, I asked my father if he had faith. He said, "No." Because of my recovery, I know that Daddy has a Higher Power even if he doesn't realize i. I know my Higher Power will guide me through this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment