Saturday, October 27, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. saw The Sessions last night. In case you don’t want to know anything about it, don’t read these today. Lots are bound to be related : ) Oh my gosh. I am grateful that I can scratch my own nose. 2. I am grateful that I do not sleep in an iron lung. 3. I am grateful that I do not live in an iron lung. 4. I am grateful that I breathe on my own. All the time! 5. I am grateful that L. and I went to that movie together last night. 6. Alone together. We will see the others tonight. 7. And that we ate at a primarily vegan and microbiotic place 8. And it was delicious. 9. I am grateful that I can feed myself. 10. And enjoy wine. 11. And I don’t need too many medications. 12. I am grateful for L’s lovely kisses. 13. And that I can move every part of my body. 14. And that I am still eating well! 15. I am grateful that I can walk 16. And stand 17. And sit 18. And lie down or get up, myself. 19. I am grateful that that person Mark’s story is told. 20. And that he wrote that article that started it all. 21. “Problems have only the size and the power that you give them.” S.H. From today’s Each Day a New Beginning. Oh how true. So true. 22. I am grateful for the things Ma posts on Facebook. 23. I am so grateful that Birdie posted. 24. And JJ 25. And EJ. All three. Such dears. I love them. 26. For FINALLY having learned that life is not what I always thought of as what would be problem-free. And that that is right and good and beautiful. 27. That I didn’t kill myself. 28. Including slowly. 29. All the events of my life. I can’t believe I’m saying that, but yes. 30. That I offered M to come if she needed during the – what looks like a big hurricane – coming 31. And that I have my little “hurricane preparedness station” (some canned goods, a non-electric opener, cereal, water, a flashlight and a little transitor radio that may or may not work. And a fireplace log. And a charged Nook and laptop and cell phone. 32. I am grateful to be sitting here on the floor in L’s home “office” right now, at my laptop, and he at his desktop computer. 33. And that he made me coffee this morning. 34. And ozonated the bathroom and some things FOR MY ARRIVAL! 35. And we have a party tonight. 36. For the birthdays including his (the October birthdays) 37. And he is taking me to the yarn store today! I want to make him a sweater! And there is not a yarn store that can help within my whole area. 38. I like those readings from the Hazelden site. Today’s Food for Thought, well, I don’ exactly agree. But maybe I DO need to take it more seriously. I do better though when I don’t get too crazy. But in any event, it’s good for me to read it. 39. And I’m so happy that I share them here for you. 40. Innocent cartoons from childhood. Like Gumby 41. And Caspar the Friendly Ghost 42. And Popeye. 43. And the Flintstones 44. And the Jetsons. 45. And Little Lule 46. And Magilla Gorilla 47. I am grateful that I can wash myself. 48. And do not need a personal, really personal, assistant. 49. And am not SO different. 50. And it ISN’T that everything is a struggle. 51. That L thought of me during the movie. And thought, “Gee, I think she will have an especially easy time with gratitudes tomorrow.” 52. And that he refers to my gratitudes practice often. 53. Today’s Language of Letting Go! 54. And what a great reminder to ask for God’s will. God, meaning to me whatever – maybe personified, maybe spirit of goodness, maybe rightness, maybe the spirit of love in and through all of us- I don’t know. 55. That I’m not afraid to say that. (54) 56. I am grateful for kisses. 57. And caresses. 58. And hugs. 59. And my nightgown 60. And robe. That I am wearing right now. They are so pretty. 61. AND – they didn’t fit me for a while and they do again. 62. And my jammies from *Harrod’s *! 63. My time in London. Oh, what a dream! 64. I am grateful that I am not a virgin. (The movie again). 65. And that I am also not obsessed with intercourse! 66. And that maybe L. and I will be able to grow closer in that way 67. And I think we shall. 68. And the beautiful amazing music he plays for me 69. And I AM adjusting to living without J. 70. Windows. 71. Looking at trees right now and a roof. 72. Second floor here (I don’t have one). 73. Peanut butter 74. That I had a little healthy veggie red lentil soup and corn bread and hummus – a little – for supper last night. 75. And am still satisfied. 76. That I can move my hands 77. And dress myself 78. And go shopping. 79. And drive. 80. And sit on a blanket at a picnic. 81. And that people can decide whether they love me or not without the confusion and mixed feelings of whether they could have that kind of “normal” life with me 82. I am grateful for him that that Mark DID find love. 83. And that that priest was so open and good and therefore helpful. 84. And honest. 85. Many parts of my upbringing. Including the religion stuff 86. And praying 87. And hanging up my clothes (little = mother/older = father) Long story, doesn’t matter. 88. M 89. MA 90. St 91. And that I MAY see her tomorrow 92. I will soon finish Ma’s scarf 93. And be enjoying making L’s sweater. 94. That he wrote to me yesterday to say that the scarf I made him is the softest. 95. And body-conformist. 96. And therefore his warmest scarf ever. Yay! And he loves it! 97. Plain white curtains. Like I used to have. And he has now. 98. Enough. The concept of enough. Enough gets done. I am enough. It is all enough. 99. That I am a decent enough speller. 100. And I even understand math decently enough. 101. So much more, I would like to keep going. But other things too. And it IS enough : )

No comments:

Post a Comment