Saturday, October 20, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. Nice dinner with O lat night. 2. That we are girlfriends. 3. That we shared honestly with each other 4. M’s love 5. Finally paid bills. Mine and mothers. 6. The sense of relief. 7. That it is getting less overwhelming. 8. My new idea to do them weekly as they come in. 9. South Korea 10. And United Arab Emerites. Both of whom now have people also, looking at this blog. 11. That that made me FIND the time to do the readings – in case they are helping people. 12. That I’m going somewhere very exciting today (depending on how my mother is). I’m very excited about it! It’s the big Health Expo in the city. 13. And L will pay for it 14. And for our meals. I’m grateful for that too. 15. And that he’s excited about going. 16. I know. I know. But I am grateful for when Roseanne repeats are on. They cheer me up somehow. 17. I am grateful that my mother thanked me yesterday. 18. And that I have clean clothes to wear today. 19. And that O gave me 3 stamps last night. 20. And that I shall give about 3 months to having fun with L and see what happens. If I can. 21. And that my doctor loves that idea 22. And so does M.A. 23. For this, from today’s In This Moment: “In this moment, my thoughts dance freely and my spirit soars. I thank my Higher Power for granting me this moment.” 24. The Rolling Stones. I never listen to them; have never seen them. But they sort of help people rethink aging, I think. 25. My Nook! 26. The book I’m reading on it, Run, by Ann Patchett 27. And the book called The RealAgeDiet. 28. And that L. took the RealAge test, as a favor to me. 29. And that he came out ½ year younger than he is. 30. Dr. Puma 31. Dr. Roizen (both wrote the book) 32. That I am willing to follow it 33. That I have new genetics. 34. That I might go to Russia with O next summer! She would go for a longer time, and I for a week. Must try to save the money. 35. The thought, from today’s Language of Letting Go, that “reacting and controlling don't help.” 36. And it’s the same thought in my book, How to Have the Relationship You Want. 37. I don’t know why, but I feel hopeful today. I’m so grateful for that. 38. God 39. Mindfulness meditation. 40. That it takes literally only a breath or two for me to feel it! 41. That I have taught it to and practiced it with, others. 42. Thich Nhat Hanh 43. G., who first introduced me to it. 44. My timer. It works for me. For my eye drops, meditation, prep times, etc. 45. My eye drops! 46. That I’m DOING my spiritual work today. 47. That I slept last night. 48. And had such interesting dreams. 49. Coffee this morning. 50. My health! 51. My ability to walk. 52. Access to plenty of fresh, clean water. 53. Vegan restaurants in the city. So lucky! 54. Black tea. 55. And green tea. 56. And bergamot tea. 57. And white tea. 58. And Yogi brand teas. Like Breathe Deeply 59. And ginger 60. And Energy 61. And Peach Detox. 62. And the other(s) 63. That I can read 64. That I’ll be on the boat today to get there. 65. Oral sex 66. That there are more important things than sex. 67. Humor 68. That I don’t feel that pressure in my chest about not having done the bills 69. That I made the phone calls yesterday. 70. And straightened things out. 71. That I WILL do laundry tomorrow. 72. Orgasms 73. Sweetness. 74. Prayer 75. Breathing. That I don’t have to think about breathing. 76. Bookshelves. 77. This laptop. 78. My gorgeous roses still, in the living room. 79. Kissing 80. “My” oak tree. 81. My French-looking windows. 82. My sunroom 83. And that I can and do use it sometimes now. 84. That I am financially ABLE to pay my basic bills. 85. That I rented two movies lately. $2.95 each. I’ve only ever done that once before. 86. Telephone. Landline 87. Cell phone 88. That my Nook is charging now. 89. Sandwiches 90. Vegetables. Especially organic. 91. Same with fruits. 92. Whole grains. Especially my favorite, bulgur. 93. And that Dr. Puma, on Dr. Oz, said bulgur is so good for you. Yay. Not like other wheat products. 94. That my new checks came. 95. And that I got the beach scenes. 96. And they were not expensive. 97. That Doggie is a Canine Good Citizen. 98. K, and all whe did for me, with CoDA stuff. 99. Woods 100. Parks 101. Beaches

2 comments:

  1. I love Ann Patchett! State of Wonder is one of my favorites. As is her memoir on writing - can't remember the name of it! Oh yes, "The Getaway Car." Brilliant. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally it's letting me reply!
    Dear EJ, it's so good to hear from you!
    Bel Canto - a great Ann Patchett! Have you read that one?

    ReplyDelete