Thursday, October 25, 2012

My 100 Hundred Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. I am grateful that L called last night to make up, after *I * misunderstood and overreacted. 2. That my doctor came yesterday 3. And it was a good – though hard lol – session 4. I am grateful on his behalf that he has moved, and loved where he is living now. 5. Books 6. JS 7. That people were talking about my “beautiful skin” yesterday. 8. And my “great hair.” 9. And M, about my being pure. 10. And my doctor, not hearing about these, happened to have been talking about registering things and that I NEED TO. 11. I’m grateful for food. 12. And food choices. 13. And the ability to exercise. 14. And clean laundry. 15. And that I put out the recycling 16. And I saw them take it. 17. And maybe someday I won’t need to do that (the watching). I didn’t always. 18. This, from today’s In This Moment: “I know what my values are.” 19. And, “I decide how I want to spend my time and live my life according to those values.” 20. And, “I am an adult, capable of taking care of myself and meeting my own needs.” ! 21. And this too, “My conscious choices further my goals and fill my spirit.” 22. This, from The Language of Letting Go: “Today, we are right where we need to be. Our present circumstances are exactly as they need to be - for now.” 23. And this: “Today, I will let go of my guilt and fear about my past and present circumstances. I will trust that where I have been and where I am now are right for me.” 24. I am grateful, so grateful, for breath. Very grateful. 25. And the deep breath that just came to me. 26. And orgasms. 27. And that I gave the students a good day yesterday. 28. And changed the schedule mid-day to make it better for them. 29. Recess. That we are allowed to give it. They NEED it! 30. “Fresh” air. 31. That maybe GMO foods will have to be labeled. 32. Organic foods. 33. Enough money to live. 34. I am grateful that at least twice – at least 4 times most days – I walk by the beautiful courtyard as walking through the halls at school. (Do I always remember to look?) 35. Even if I don’t remember to look, it must be doing something subliminal for me – as opposed to say, “never seeing the light of day.” 36. And maybe now I’ll ALWAYS remember to look. 37. And I shall definitely try to! 38. Piano 39. O. 40. M 41. Nice meeting yesterday. It went well. 42. Je giving me all that time yesterday and showing me Signup Genius 43. And I used it 44. And got so many answers 45. Today’s Each Day a New Beginning says, "Love has the quality of informing almost everything -- even one's work." And I believe this! 46. And although I do NOT give love in any situation for this reason, it is nice to read this: “The more love we give away, the more we receive.” Maybe that’s true. 47. And this is one of my favorite quotes ever! “Love wants to change me - and it can.” Wow. Love wants to change me. And it can. Wow. Wow. 48. My calligraphy done BY Thich Nhat Hanh: Love is the way. 49. And my other one done by him: Breathe, My Dear. I am so lucky to have them both. 50. And I was able to buy them for myself! 51. I went to London! 52. By myself! 53. And LOVED it! 54. And sat with Thich Nhat Hahn there! 55. And did a sit-in for peace with him in Trafalgar Square! 56. And sent L the video 57. And he loved the Avalokiteshvara chant. As I do! 58. And Avalokiteshvaa is the Bodhisattva of Compassion. 59. One day I will not be obese. 60. That God can show me how to love. 61. That God can show me how to live. 62. That God may be an actual being, or may be the spirit of goodness and joy and love and it’s okay and great either way. 63. This very interesting quote today also (Today’s Gift): “When we go out of our way to know someone else better, we stretch our own boundaries; we give ourselves new space in which to grow.” 64. And “What part of my life can I discover in someone new today?” 65. Pakora. I love it. The vegan kind, of course. And not too much of it. 66. Nuts 67. My RealAge book. 68. What a great thought (Twenty Four Hours a Day): “My whole life is only a succession of nows.” And so mindfulness-friendly. 69. That meditation should not be a JOB – but a JOY. And it IS – whenever I let it! 70. Ginger tea. Especially this morning when my stomach hurts so much. 71. Indian food that DOESN’T do that to me. (Like from restaurants, unlike the at-home one I had last night.) 72. Coffee. 73. And that I made it fresh this morning. 74. Water 75. Tv. I’m glad I have it. 76. Watching the news this morning. 77. I’m nervous about today – all those parents for the special event… but as the past is an indication of the future, it will probably be great. 78. Li. 79. What I”ve learned an continue to learn from OA. 80. Fun 81. Laughter 82. Sitcoms 83. Jokes 84. “Pets” 85. All the wonderful happy times J and I had with doggie 86. Photos 87. My iPhone 88. My laptop 89. My Nook 90. “My” SMARTBoard in the classroom 91. “My” piano in the classroom. 92. And that they put in a whole new workings for me recently! It really needed it. But that didn’t mean they were going to do it. They did! 93. And it got tuned just last week! 94. My piano at home. 95. That I paid for it. 96. In full. 97. And it is all mine. 98. And I play it. 99. And I love it. 100. And it is beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment