Friday, October 26, 2012

Today's Reading - For Today

"Whoever is aware of his own failings will not find fault with the failing of other men." James Ross Other people's faults invariably match my ow. When I notice some particularly objectionable shortcoming in a person, I can generally be sure it is a defect I detest in myself. Without self-awareness, the habit of finding fault is a distarction that keeps me from seeing my own mistakes. As long as I look at another's wrongheadness, I don't see myself - the only person I can change. A daily tenth step turns my attention to myself so i will know what to do to put my life in order. For today: I don't need to concern myself with other people's faults; I have all the detective work i can handle to ferret out my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment