Saturday, October 27, 2012

Yesterday's Grats!

I forgot to post - because I didn't get time to finish I am grateful: 1. I am grateful for God. I do not have the certainty some people have, like, “God says this,” and “according to God” that. I don’t even have a definition. But I know there is a spirit of goodness and light and even joy. And love. And maybe that is a being and maybe not. I was raised Catholic but don’t know what I really am now. But I do pray. And so, as mixed-up as that all sounds, I am so grateful for God. 2. I am grateful that I woke up today. 3. And I am so grateful that I feel grateful for having woken up. 4. I am grateful, believe it or not, that I am recharging my Nook right now. 5. And my iPhone too. 6. And that all went well yesterday. 7. And for the growth I’ve made since last year. 8. I am so grateful that I HAVE 100 gratitudes a day. 9. That my mother is having good days right now! 10. That I have a Passport, since last march, for the first time in my life. 11. I’m grateful for this thought, from today’s Voices of Recovery: “You can’t think yourself into a new way of acting. You have to act yourself into a new way of thinking.” 12. And “…not control my feelings, but with God-given courage I could change my actions, in spite of how I felt.” 13. I do not believe in the things said in today’s Language of Letting Go. But I am grateful for the thoughts. 14. I am grateful for coffee this morning. 15. And that I will see L. tonight. 16. And that my dr. is helping me put MYSELF first. 17. And for trying to become/stay in good spiritual order. Maybe that contributed a lot to last weekend’s wonderful time. 18. And I must meditate more. But I’m grateful that I do more than I was. 19. I am so grateful that I feel okay. 20. I am physically well, thankfully. 21. I am emotionally well. I have been “on the ocean floor” emotionally; I know what that’s like! I am SO grateful to not be there now! 22. I am grateful for my job. 23. And that despite all my worries, all does work out. 24. And for this thought. My principal has begun piano lessons. She takes in a small group. One other woman is older (my principal is in her 40’s.) They were discussing why each is taking. Older woman said, “We only have so many tomorrows.” What a thought! 25. I am so tired. And I feel boring. And like I have no good conversation in me. And nervous that l. will find me boring. BUT – if I stay in good spiritual shape, that will get better. 26. My eyedrops. Very grateful for them. 27. Knitting 28. Reading 29. Piano 30. These particular students 31. And their particular parents 32. Wow. Can this be true? Each Day a New Beginning says that gratitude: “…softens our harsh exterior and takes the threat out of most new situations.” Wow. I never thought of that! But a little, is has been happening to me! 33. And this: “If I greet the day, glad to be alive, I will be gladdened by all the experiences in store for me.” 34. And “Each is making a necessary contribution to my wholeness.” Wow. 35. This, from Food for Thought: “Food is nourishment for our bodies - nothing more. To experience pleasure with our minds and hearts and bodies, we open ourselves to richer interpersonal relationships, to aesthetic experiences, to sports and hobbies and work well done. Abstinence from compulsive overeating liberates us to enjoy our activities, which are fun. Thank You for the fun and joy that abstinence brings.” 36. In fact, ALL of today’s Food for Thought. 37. Sitcoms in the morning as background as I work. 38. This, from Today’s Gift, about Anne Frank having inside all those good things and what we could have: “She had riches of the heart. She had faith that kept her going. She had love and concern for her family and others, which made even a restricted life very rich with feelings. It is tempting to believe that we will be happy when we have something outside ourselves, which will make us happy. But happiness is not something we have to find outside; the seeds are in our hearts already.” 39. “What happiness can I find in my latest setback?“ That’s really tough. But wow! 40. Wow. This. (From Twenty Four Hours a Day): “Do not push God so far into the background that He has no effect on your life. Walk all the way with Him. Make a good companion of God, by praying to Him often during the day.” Wow. Important for me. 41. And this: “Prayer for the Day 42. I pray that I may walk in companionship with God along the way. I pray that I may keep my feet upon the path that leads upward.” 43. I have come up with 25 good things about me today! 44. The friendship of S and J 45. I am grateful that M. just called. 46. And that I’m on the phone with her right now. 47. Grateful that I had the whole grain Eng. Muffin with melted Daiya for breakfast 48. And that the coffee gave me energy. 49. And – an up mood. 50. And that I put all the dishes into the dishwasher. 51. Still grateful that I put out all the paper recycling the other day. 52. And they took it. 53. And that I have a nice load of wash in now. 54. I’m grateful for kisses. 55. I am grateful that I already have clean clothes for the next few days. 56. And that I have made the bed. 57. And that I HAVE any clothes. 58. And a bed. Really. 59. And that I didn’t make the soup and freeze it. Because a lot of those ingredients are in cans or bags (like dried lentils) and they will stay. And IF we lose power they would go bad in the fridge or freezer. 60. I am grateful that I am not WORRIED about the storm. 61. And that I’m a little bit prepared anyway. Like some canned foods and cereal and dried fruit – and a can opener! – and water and a flashlight. And a battery radio IF I can find it. And my Nook charged and my cell phone too. And my car with gas. And planning to do my driving EARLY Sunday morning. 62. And that I wrote to M and offered her that I could come and get her and she could stay here IF it gets bad – because SHE is worried and I am not: ) 63. It is so WONDERFUL that I am not worried! 64. I am so grateful that L. has been so affectionate the other night and yesterday and this morning. 65. And that we’re talking on the phone right now. 66. And having a nice time. 67. And that my house is neat. 68. And that I HAVE the house. And worked so hard for it. 69. I am grateful for Thich Naht Hanh 70. Water. 71.

No comments:

Post a Comment