Sunday, October 28, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. I am so grateful to be sitting here right now. 2. In my little house 3. Calling L 4. Home from nursing home visit with my mother 5. Home from L’s house an hour away 6. I’m grateful that St just called 7. And we may or may not get together before the storm starts, for “coffee” type visit 8. I’m so grateful for her friendship. I have always loved her. It’s got to be almost 20 years now! 9. And I’m so grateful that she just offered – if I need or want, to go stay there during the hurricane! 10. I’m planning to stay here. And I’m grateful for that too. 11. And for M giving me LOTS of pumpkin seeds – straight from the pumpkin, and washed and roasted with a little spray and salt, in her oven. They should be nice. 12. And my VitaMix shoud be here within 3 days tops! 13. And I looked at the recipe book that comes with it (L’s) and it is FABULOUS! I’d have paid 20 dollars for that book: ) 14. I am grateful that I’m going to make L a sweater! 15. And he took me to the knitting store in his area (there is not one in my entire county!) 16. And he was so patient in there 17. And spoke later to me of the “very girlie atmosphere” that permeated the whole place! 18. And that I finally found a pattern 19. And he picked yarn (within my boundaries – ex. Nothing with any wool in it). 20. And he loves it. 21. And I expect I WILL be able to make this sweater! 22. And enjoy doing so, too! 23. I have lost another 3 or 4 pounds this past week! That’s about 30 pounds! 24. I am grateful that I meditated, even though for a short time, yesterday. 25. And that L and I had such a nice weekend together. 26. And that finally, I felt good on the way home! 27. And that I “did the next right thing” and visited my mother. 28. I am grateful for today’s The Language of Letting Go 29. All of i. And particularly this phrase: “In fact, meditation can create more time and energy than the moments we take to do it.” 30. I am grateful that I can see 31. And have my eyedrops 32. And take them every single night 33. And that I got to experience L’s littler Biomat a bit yesterday 34. I am grateful that although I have an upset stomach and some nervous something-or-other, really I know that it will pass 35. And that really all IS okay right now 36. I am grateful that I can drive 37. And had a safe and pleasant drive to L’s 38. And back 39. That I have electricity 40. And a hurricane-readiness area on the d.r. table in case I do lose power. 41. And that I might not lose power anyway: ) 42. I am grateful that I can start knitting today 43. And watch tv 44. Or a movie from Optimum 45. And for this large cup of Yogi ginger tea that I am having right now. 46. Glass water bottles 47. Including the 4 L and I may buy online and take 2 each 48. So much food in my fridge 49. And freezer 50. And cabinet 51. And so much of it organic 52. And all of it healthy! Oh my gosh! 53. Pistachio nuts 54. A new vegan magazine 55. And that Woman’s Weekly magazine too. 56. It’s almost lunch time, and I can have a good lunch. 57. I am grateful for crops 58. And farmers 59. And enough rain for them 60. And for Thich Nhat Hanh 61. And that I actually sat in London at Trafalgar Square with him! 62. I am so grateful for April 7, 2012. My gosh, IN ONE DAY, I was in London, then in L’s bed here in NY, then at a sadar at Jewish friend’s house and meeting so many of L’s friends too, and then made love to and sleeping over his house. All in one day. Oh my gosh! 63. I am grateful that I had that thought 64. And for good books. 65. And that I did not buy the supermarket rags (tabloids) this week. To be honest (and embarrassed) about it, that is making me nervous. But I will get past it. And will have to read other things, that’s all. 66. That reading the Five Mindfulness Trainings aloud with another person monthly has helped me to me more mindful of consumption – including things like the junky magazines. 67. My Nook 68. And that it is powered up : ) 69. And this laptop 70. And that it is powered up too. 71. Funny actresses 72. And actors. 73. Soups 74. Stews (vegan of course) 75. Red wine 76. Especially with a long finish 77. Orgasms 78. Kisses. Oh , L ‘s kisses 79. That the two of us WERE romantic this weekend! 80. That IVF is available for people 81. And surrogacy too 82. That in truth, *all is well in my life right now! * 83. Deep breaths. Especially the one I just got immediately upon writing no. 82 above. 84. Sleep. I am lucky that I do sleep. 85. The smile that just came across my face. 86. My Golden Girls DVDs 87. And my King of Queens ones too. 88. And I MIGHT get Two and a Half Men 89. And/or Roseanne 90. Or not. And yes, really grateful for those last three. 91. Naps. I might get one today 92. And/or tomorrow 93. And/or the next day. 94. That I am such a fortunate person. I am looking through this room to the next at my gorgeous oak tree outside. That other people will get to enjoy it after I’m gone, too. 95. That I have seen a number of Broadway shows 96. And been a number of times to Radio City Music Hall 97. And Lincoln Center 98. And Carnegie Hall 99. That I saw Judy Garland perform at the Palace her second to last performance there, when I was a little girl 100. That I will continue to be nice to my students 101. Smiles Thank you, God, for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment