Monday, October 22, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. A beautiful ride home yesterday. Only about 2 seconds of discomfort, remembering the horrendous(!) ride home last time. But smooth and easy and safe. Not even traffic. Yay. 2. One of the best visits I’ve ever had with my mother 3. L. calling and apologizing for not taking me to the yarn store. It was really no big deal, and his apology shows me again how hard he is trying. 4. That I woke up today. 5. That I am grateful for that. It is infinitely, unspeakably better than when I really didn’t want to. I thank God that I do want to now. 6. That I have a house. Litte, needs work, owe money on it, but I have it. 7. That it is all mine because I pay/paid for it. 8. That I have a job 9. That I have a car. 10. I have finally lost the 5 pounds I’d gained back. 11. AND – ANOTHER 5! Yay! 12. And I feel better eating well. 13. And want to do it more. 14. And INTEND TO DO IT MORE. 15. This great quote, which I really need, from today’s For Today: "The man who looks for security, even in the mind, is like a man who would chop off his limbs in order to have artificial ones which will give him no pain or trouble." Henry Miller 16. In fact, that entire For Today. 17. That although I’m still having some little fear-or-is-it-insecurity, and even a little resistance “I don’t WANT to have to work,” I AM energetic enough to go to work today. Yay. And I SHALL do a good job by those children. 18. Today’s In This Moment. Prioritize. And don’t worry, let alone panic, about it ALL: ) 19. I’m like, nervous and lazy feeling. Just want to sit around, not go to work. BUT – the thing is, I’m OKAY, emotionally. I’m SO grateful for that! 20. And that I have been that way for a number of days lately! 21. Especially since paying those bills omg. So glad I got that done “in time.” 22. And that I think a lesson is learned for the future. 23. AND – a phobia lessened. Phew. 24. Hummus. 25. Especially Fantastic that you mix, which has fewer calories, les fat, and more protein. And tastes yummy and satisfying. 26. Ezekial break (flourless) 27. Tomatoes. Grown in soil, NOT hydroponic! 28. Pic walks that I make for L. 29. Today’s Language of Letting Go 30. My lovely chat with L when he called this morning. 31. Telling him I like when he calls. 32. Him saying he loves chatting with me in the mornings. 33. My nice talk with M this morning 34. My great long talk with MA yesterday. 35. My time with O the other night. Close. Girlfriendly. 36. The stuff I’ve ALREADY learning from that one 45 minute talk by John Gray! 37. And that L is so open to continuing to learn that also! 38. My eyedrops. 39. That I sat and watched that movie yesterday, And enjoyed doing so. It was a movie I’d rented and seen with J, and not a very good movie at all, but fun to watch – well half-watch really. “Orphan.” 40. Good magazines. Like Vegetarian Times. 41. And Woman’s Weekly 42. Positive input. From any/every source. 43. Some of the things I heard on “Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky” last night. 44. I slept last night. 45. I am without physical pain. That is such a gratitude! I remember when I was in so much pain, various times including that year of the injury. And how I wanted even one minute without pain, just to feel what it feels like. Well I am without pain almost always. And I do take that for granted. So I want to list it as a gratitude here. 46. And that I said it to L Sat evening too. 47. And he internalized it for himself as well. 48. Supportive people, all. 49. Including me. 50. I have a tv. Just one, small, and old, but I have it! 51. And heat. Oh thank God for heat which I will be needing soon. 52. And lights. 53. And a microwave 54. And an oven. 55. And I’ve used it recently. 56. Portuguese potato soup. 57. Chili 58. My veggie protein bake 59. My pasta veggie protein dish 60. Water. So lucky for water. 61. That I made fresh coffee this morning. 62. And it actually tastes pretty good! 63. Kisses. Thank God for L’s kisses. I’m grateful for them. 64. And – I know I don’t NEED them – I just LIKE THEM. Thank God for that. 65. Honest people. 66. Buddha. Big time. 67. I have clean clothes to wear today 68. And a washer in the house 69. And a place in cellar to hang things to dry 70. And a dryer for the other things. 71. And I don’t use the dry cleaners anymore. 72. M complimenting me on being able in so many instances (believe it or not lol) to “not give a s---.” 73. Weekends 74. That I don’t work in a factory 75. Gas in my car 76. It is inspected 77. And registration should be on its way 78. Online banking, the amount of it I do do. (I would like to do more too). 79. That I am doing gratitudes 80. And did my readings today 81. Everyone who reads this! I used to be TERRIFIED of being alone in cyberspace. 82. Good parents. 83. My students. 84. Their parents. 85. Innocence. Like second graders: ) 86. My hands 87. My eyesight! Both eyes – I am so grateful for my eyes. 88. Perspective. Every amount of it I have 89. I meditated yesterday. 90. And read a little bit (30 minutes) at L’s. That was nice. 91. My Nook! 92. Lunch with St one day this week. 93. Organic peanut butter 94. The nuts and dried fruit snack I bought at the Health Expo. It is healthy and delicious 95. And I portioned it out yesterday and ate 1 oz. 96. And today (for later) too. 97. Those amazing olives. I have never tasted anything like them. Red olives from somewhere. I’ll have to look it up. Like no other olive I’ve ever tasted. 98. My father 99. And all he taught me 100. And I think he didn’t suffer when he died.

No comments:

Post a Comment