Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dear God

Dear God,
Thank you that I finally got the garbage out in time.
I'm worried about my thumb, which seems to be starting to get worse again.
Thank you for the great activity from M, that I think my class will love.
Thank you for enough warmth last night.
Thank you that J was decent in yesterday's e-mail.
Please help us.
I feel your help. I've begun to feel it - for me. Since Saturday when I decided to work more and more on *me* not us. And last night again with the e-mail and some sleep and enough warmth.
Thank you that the bathroom electricity works again.

Please, God, keep me healthy; help me be nice to my mom today; help me give the kids a good day.
And please, heal me, heal J, and heal our marriage. I can't help but ask.

Maybe I needed to learn to take care of myself - the self you gave me.
And maybe I need to be reminded how much I love J and missed him when he wasn't here years ago before we were married. Maybe these are lessons for me?
I'm learning them, truly.

I say all of this with full heart.
Through Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment