Sunday, October 9, 2011

Journal Entry Today

So, here's where I am.

Very hard last few weeks, emotionally.
Been trying hard to turn it around.
Sometimes little relief.
Very grateful for that.

If anyone reads this who is suffering, here are the things that have helped me most:
*Eating greens every day (which, when I skip, makes me react emotionally)
*Mostly staying away from white flour (which for some reason makes me nervous)
*Moving around throughout the day. No formal exercise program lately, but awareness of walking etc.
**Staying in touch with friends
*Trying to do one thing a day that is fun. It could be window shopping with a friend, or shopping with a friend, or laughing in a phone call with a friend, or coffee out with a friend, or a meal out with a friend, or a movie out with a friend, or playing with doggie in park, or practicing piano (when I can, hand permitting), or taking my mom somewhere, visits, ...
*Doing my work well. That helps me feel better.
**Showering or bathing every single day, making sure my hair is clean, I have a little makeup on, and I'm wearing clean and nice clothes and shoes and I smell good.
*Walking about with some dignity.
*Cleaning up a little something after myself. Not a lot yet, but like dishes, bathroom.
*Getting the garbage out. I have struggled with this for a long time, and still struggle with getting the recycling out. Feels better when do.
*Being more careful with money (limited, as it is for most of us).
*Cooking on weekends so I have good go-to stuff when exhausted and/or depressed during week
*Working on myself, on getting stronger, more independent (without becoming masculine - not kidding), becoming whole
*CoDA
*OA
*Trying to take it easier on myself
*Trying to behave the way I wish I'd always behaved: with compassion, kindness, really listening to what the other person has to say, not judging...
*Back to some Buddhist (and really every major religion/philosophy in the world) basics

I have trouble in the mornings. Very lonely.
Have had coffee.
Have posted here.
Know what going to do later.
Maybe will make tea (more coffee will make me jittery) and curl up with book I need to read for book course for half an hour or so.

But first - putting in load of laundry.

If you've seen this, I wish you a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment