Saturday, October 29, 2011

Today's CoDA Work

Disclaimer: CoDA is a 12 step program, and like all 12 step programs, is rooted in the steps. This work is work my sponsor who is my friend has found helpful to her. It is not in the official approved CoDA literature. I also use approved literature and am working the steps, of course.

I woke up and, whether I felt like it or not, thanked God.
Then I made coffee.
Now:
I woke up and I feel:
Upset, sad, regretful, rejected, blue, anxious, distur bed, sowncast, low, encumbered, overlooked, bypassed, bloated, heavy
AND
Defeated
And
Grateful, blessed, sacred, supported, optimistic, recharged, alive, inspired, divine, hopeful
*These words come from "What Am I Feeling, and What Does It Mean? A Kit for Self-Growth and Healthy Relationships" box by Eve A. Wood, M.D. And I add some sometimes because I'm feeling something I don't see there, like tired, or hopeful.

I think it is because:
I sleep too long on the couch before going to bed last night
I ate too many carbs at dinner and snack
The bedroom's such a mess.

I acted out co-dependently:
Eating too many carbs and too much volume

I think I'll do differently next time:
Stick to an eating plan with fewer carbs

No comments:

Post a Comment