Monday, October 24, 2011

Gratitudes

I am grateful:

1. Last night’s meeting was great
2. Hearing from JJ and Birdie last night
3. Remembering to say hello to God in bed this morning
4. Though still need more, a bit more sleep than I thought I’d get
5. Doing my CoDA work today
6. Committing to putting my recovery first, starting now.
7. ***Feeling last night, that working on ME is truly more important than “working on” J or us. That’s a real gift
8. That although I do NOT want MORE meetings, and have one at lunch AND after school today – when am I supposed to get anything done – at least they both might be helpful.
9. That if I don’t finish the book by tomorrow, which I likely won’t, it’s really okay.
10. That I’m loving the book.
11. OA literature
12. CoDA literature
13. Affirmations
14. That although I just realized every post topic says in light letters Recipe before the topic, like Gratitudes or Affirmations, because I made a mistake when originally trying to figure out how to Label, I’m not totally crazed about it, as I would have been a long time ago
15. That I found my power cord
16. That I found my car key.
17. Plants. Indoor plants.
18. MA reading to my class Friday
19. How they loved it
20. Her ability – she owned them before she sat down
21. They enjoyed it so much
22. The math/music work I’m doing with them
23. That I got through those rough hours yesterday
24. That I lead the meeting well enough. I wasn’t perfect and that’s fine
25. That it was more positive than last week’s meeting
Maybe I can add more. Must do other work too now (plus some thumb issues).
Thank you, God

26. For Today today: “My best thinking got me into trouble….This program is helping me to let go some long-cherished opinions and attend more to the real nature of things.
27. “I am coming to understand myself as I free my mind of conventional ideas about human strengths and weakness.
28. “I turn to my experience with compulsive overeating to help me distinguish conventional thinking from reality.”
29. Today’s Voices of Recovery: “…we came to understand…the way…is personal inner change.
30. “I would have to change the way I was eating, behaving, and thinking.
31. “The changes would happen inside myself, …
32. “…so the outside could change.
33. “The directions for how to change were in the Twelve Steps.
34. “Somehow, I knew that if I followed the Steps, I would achieve physical, emotional, and spiritual healthy.”
35. And “I am grateful to a program of recovery that has allowed me to understand that recovery from compulsive eating is possible if I choose to change.”
36. Today’s In This Moment: “Trying to take care of everyone else was overwhelming. I lost myself. My life was unmanageable.”
37. “In CoDA, I’m learning to put my own needs first.
38. “I accept my Higher Power’s guidance.
39. “In a crisis, I reach for the oxygen first.
40. “I’m confident that my Higher Power keeps it within easy reach.”
41. Today’s The Language of Letting Go: “Open ourselves to the love that is available to us.
42. “We do not have to limit our sources of love. God and the Universe have an unlimited supply of what we need,
43. “including love.
44. “When we are open to receiving love, we will begin to receive it.
45. “It may come from the most surprising places,
46. “including from within ourselves.
47. “We will be open to and aware of the love that is and has been there for us all along.
48. “We will feel and appreciate the love from friends.
49. “We will notice and enjoy the love that comes to us from family.
50. ***”We will be able to receive love in our special love relationships too.
51. ***”We do not have to accept love from unsafe people – people who will exploit us or with whom we don’t want to have relationships.
52. “But there is plenty of good love available
53. “ – love that heals our heart, meets our needs, and makes our spirit sing.
54. “We have denied ourselves too long.
55. ***”We have been martyrs too long.
56. “Today, I will open myself to the love that is coming to me from the Universe. I will accept it and enjoy it when it comes.”
57. Electricity
58. TV
59. Piano in classroom tuned
60. Robe
61. Slippers
62. A bed
63. A shower
64. Towels
65. Clean clothes
66. Garbage pick-up
67. Recycling pick-up. I’m always so behind and concerned with getting it out there, I’ve never stopped to be grateful that it’s so convenient. I don’t have to drive it anywhere. That’s pretty lucky.
68. That my breath is getting into my chest. I can feel it. Having not always had that, I’m aware of what a gift it is.
69. Hot tea.
70. Fresh water.
71. Energy. Not “enough” but grateful for the amount I have.
72. Less obsessing.
73. Digital photos
74. Soy milk
75. Almond milk
76. Hemp sneakers.
77. And they’re comfortable.
78. And cute.
79. Being better with money lately.
80. That M’s nanny situation worked out.
81. That she said that everything I’ve prayed for for her always works out. Yay.
82. That I helped a friend yesterday.
83. Learning more about how to eat well.
84. That a pound dropped off painlessly – effortlessly this weekend.
85. That I am refusing to live in the fear like I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment