Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gratitudes

I am grateful for these things:

1. Beautiful art.
2. Beautiful architecture.
3. A romantic evening at a museum with L last night, with live classical music playing, and a glass of full-bodied red wine with a long finish.
4. And so many amazing works of art. A special show.
5. And he knows so much about art, that he is able to teach me while we’re there.
6. Lovely.
7. A wonderful spa-sperience yesterday. Considering it a b’day gift (b’day being next week) to myself.
8. Kandinsky
9. O.
10. St
11. M
12. Today’s plans aren’t bad. And of course, in the big picture, they’re quite good.
13. I have enough water.
14. I can still afford a roof over my head
15. And heat
16. And electricity
17. And phone bills
18. And car
19. And gas
20. And insurance
21. And dr. visits
22. And necessary medicines
23. Language
24. Looking through 1 ½ French picture books with L yesterday
25. And getting a pedicure!
26. And doing my French homework in the pedicure chair!
27. And then a mani (but no polish – piano, after all)
28. And – a massage!
29. And a driver to take me to the museum
30. And he was a gentleman
31. and a safe driver
32. And a driver to take me back home.
33. And he too, was a gentleman
34. and a safe drive.
35. Thoreau
36. My beautiful shoes that I wore yesterday
37. And my beautiful lacy stockings too.
38. And they were both commented on.
39. Today, I will see J to learn how to pay the online bills
40. And then I will see M
41. And upgrade my silly old cell phone while we’re together
42. And hopefully we’ll have coffee/tea together while we’re out
43. And then I shall take my mother shopping.
44. And I had broccolini
45. With slivered almonds
46. And sesame oil
47. And it was great!
48. With 2 slices spelt bread, for dinner, last night.
49. And I had the same healthy, luscious thing for breakfast today!
50. ***I am getting in touch with how very physically active my body really wants, desires, needs to be! Yay! Back to that knowledge.
51. For example, both really-interested-in-what-doing-at-museum days, didn’t care about eating for hours and hours! Great!
52. And I think it was in no small part, because I was walking a lot too.
53. Also gives me idea to move around yet more at work.
54. Composers
55. Lyracists
56. Spring is coming
57. Spring WILL come
58. L makes me feel like a lady.
59. A very desirable one, but a lady.
60. And – I let him touch my breasts a little tiny bit through clothes. And his touch was heavenly.
61. Sshhhh – and my tush too.
62. And – inside my clothes, my waist and my neck.
63. My doctor’s (shrinks) devotion to me and my health.
64. This infection seems to be clearing up.
65. *Big – I fell last night! In the street! One of those uncontrollable – wind up flat on my fact – glasses off in street, CD’s holding elsewhere in street, envelope out of sight. Cut knee. BUT – I’m so grateful – so very very grateful – that it was not on the OTHER side of the car! I would have been run over by that amount of traffic, let alone with such a speedy fall.
66. **And I’m SO SO SO INTENSELY INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL that I feel that way! As opposed to about 12 ½ months ago, when I wished for such a horrible thing. Oh my gosh.
67. God
68. Within the month, I shall be in England!!!
69. Thich Nhat Hahn
70. His 10-line poem (for one form of mindfulness meditation).
71. His monks
72. His nuns
73. That I have had time with then.
74. And will again!
75. Soon!
76. Colors. Like in art.
77. Nature.
78. People who preserve nature.
79. My aides this year, at least having nice tone with the children.
80. I believe I can be an even better teacher this coming week.
81. And certainly even moreso in April!
82. Every safe airplane flight everyone ever takes!
83. Oceans!
84. The magnificent dolphin footage on msn the other day: http://video.app.msn.com/watch/video/dolphin-stampede/206r4mvn (Might want to turn sound up)
85. I am grateful for veggies. So grateful for veggies.
86. Especially green ones.
87. And that I’m losing weight
88. And still, sitcoms
89. And laughter
90. And affectionate touches
91. And a better – so much better – feeling about the future.
92. And my newly-being-found independence
93. And my passport!
94. And my birth certificate!
95. And enjoying looking at artwork of pretty, naked women.
96. That I can have a little wine now and then.
97. That I’m come to appreciate, not just light white fruity, but good red.
98. Theater.
99. My black with red lacies – bra: )
100. Babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment