Sunday, March 18, 2012

Readings

For Today

"Abstinence is as easy for me as temperance is difficult." Samuel Johnson

"Deciding I'm going to have a binge tonight and then quit is like saying I'll be green-eyed today and go back to being blue-eyed tomorrow morning. As crazy as that sounds, it's what i did before I came to OA. Against all the evidence, I thought i could handle an occasional pig-out, as many noncompulsive pepole do. I stubbornly refused to recognize the difference between myself an the normies; I COULD NOT STOP. As one OA putr it, "First there was the Friday night eat-all-you-want plan, which quickly became the weekend plan, which quickly slopped over into Monday and Tuesday, which then swallowed up the entire week.'

For today: As a compulsive overeater, it is far easier for me to abstain from overindulgence in food than to try to become a 'normal' binger."

Wow. Did I ever need to hear this!

--

Voice of Recovery

"For the sake of our compulsive eating, we have turned ourselves into objects of ridicule and we have destroyed our health." OA 12 & 12 p. 10

"I was my compulsive overeating. I had lost my identity and all direction in my life. The insanity of trying to fill the emotional emptiness and the spiritual void with food consumed me. i lost my health, my ability to work, and my marriage to this disease. I am yet without these, but I see the joy and freedom of recovery. I feel neither regret not 'if only,' but simply a humble thankfulness that the craziness of my life managed to take the path that led me to God and to my daily recovery."

Wow. Really neded this too!

--

No comments:

Post a Comment