Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grats

I am grateful:

1. I got out the paper recycling this morning. Had fallen behind in that.
2. Working on not obsessing over L.
3. Lesson(s) being learned about me from this near-obsession.
4. M’s help yesterday at school.
5. That all my conferences have gone well so far.
6. The many accolades and much gratitude I have received.
7. My open-mindedness at work.
8. L understanding and actually helping ME, as I am the weak one too(!), to get off the damn phone and get to sleep.
9. My principal
10. Lovely e-mail from Joa
11. Lovely e-mail from K
12. Ch’s phone number (s)
13. And K’s too
14. And Joa’s too
15. That I admitted totally honesty to my principal and her assistant, that I am not with J
16. And admitted it was his choice, not mine
17. And admitted I am fine.
18. And admitted it is hard.
19. And explained that the difficulty showing up in my work is dates and stuff.
20. But that I’m grateful (and of course I am) that it is in that area, as I can keep careful notes, or shoot a quick e-mail question to someone a la “are our classes together at 9 or at 11 tomorrow?”
21. Whereas, and this is another gratitude: I AM able to be kind to the children
22. I AM able to think straight
23. And they ARE learning. Phew.
24. I think I will be free of all this soon. And I am so grateful for that.
25. Many e-mail kisses. So lovely. Lovely.
26. Texting. Who knew? I was sure I would never want/like it. But I love it!
27. Turning the phone off during professional time yesterday lol!
28. Humor
29. Maybe not obvious on blog, but my vocab. is improving lately.
30. As is my knowledge of art.
31. I am grateful that both of these facts thrill me.
32. I am grateful for awakening to a wonderful e-mail from L.
33. And my lawyer.
34. And that she is one of the top divorce lawyers around – and is not charging me her price, because of what I did for her child.
35. My mother’s life. For now. I think she is ready to go – not depressed, just ready. And I think she might have a point. But I’m grateful for the happy times she does have. And that she doesn’t seem to be in too much pain.
36. My happy happy students yesterday!
37. And I expect, today.
38. Ma and his math explanations.
39. That I am ‘here for” Mary Allen.
40. And that I just e-mailed her.
41. And that I think I will clean here soon.
42. And my car too!
43. Just two weeks til London!
44. My Italian heritage. I used to not like it (long story). But I have come to appreciate it now.
45. O
46. The necklace I gave her for her citizenship day.
47. And that one of the mothers was wearing the exact same thing at our parent-teacher conference yesterday!
48. Most all of M’s advice
49. That MA has her dear friend R, close from childhood, and living so near.
50. ML
51. Ma’s birthday presents to me
52. My doctor comes today
53. I WILL fit in some French hw time. Somehow.
54. That I AM working on my schedule.
55. That I’m wondering if it is time for me to get up later, and do all my spiritual work stuff AFTER school? I don’t know. But I’m glad for the thought.
56. I am grateful for the life lessons I’ve received.
57. And will receive.
58. And that I can walk!
59. And that I am free!
60. And that I have of late experienced happy feelings I thought I never would/could.
61. And in other cases, thought I never would/could again.
62. Smiles. Those I get.
63. And those I give.
64. My hands. My precious hands.
65. Piano
66. Every stitch of embroidery I’ve ever done.
67. Good books.
68. Especially non-fiction.
69. And my French picture books.
70. That I am a teacher.
71. And I am truly grateful to be grateful that I am a teacher.
72. That my life is changing.
73. And that those changes are for the better.
74. And that *I * am responsible for many of them!
75. Everything that is empowering to me.
76. And every way in which I empower my students.
77. That I haven’t been late for a conference lol.
78. Coffee
79. Emergen-C
80. Vitamins
81. Especially my new ones
82. My car
83. L sharing those gratitudes with me the other day.
84. That I was able to tell him, or to try at least, how very special that was/is to me.
85. And always will be.
86. My tender heart.
87. His tender heart.
88. My students’ tender hearts.
89. M’s tender heart.
90. MA’s tender heart.
91. St’s tender heart, although it is somewhat more buried.
92. Her husband A’s tender heart.
93. Her son S’s tender heart.
94. Her son A’s tender heart.
95. My principal’s tender heart.
96. Fake meats. For transition purposes.
97. And for now and then.
98. You.
99. Me. Wow. Me. Wow. That’s a gratitude? Wow.
100. Life.
101. Hope. Always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment