Friday, March 30, 2012

Grats - Some

I am grateful:

1. To be in London
2. That I walked about on my own yesterday
3. That everything looks so white and clean (and I found out it is – they’re cleaning all the limestone – and there’s a lot of it – for the Olympics)
4. That I took that tour bus
5. And saw so much
6. And next week will take the other route. More I want to see there
7. And that I went to St. Paul’s Cathedral
8. And did their tour
9. Plus traced lots of Diana’s steps
10. And then, the Tower. Omg what a trip.
11. So so so much bigger than I’d thought!
12. SO much history
13. And I saw the exact spot where Anne Boleyn was beheaded. And Lady Jane Grey, and poor little Catherine Howard.
14. This did not feel touristy to me, rather sacred
15. And it had moved Queen Victoria in a deep way too.
16. I passed by Starbucks, MacDonalds and Subway, and found a little British place for breakfast
17. And had vegan beans on brown toast. And coffee and pineapple juice.
18. What fun!
19. I even loved the seat the guy gave me. Sort of in the middle of things, but a little private too, by a little wall. I think he picked it because I was alone, and a “foreigner,” and it was the coziest seat in the place!
20. London people have been SO friendly to me!
21. I’m so grateful for the passport holder thing to wear around my neck
22. And that M bought it for me
23. And that I did get to exchange money for pounds (I hadn’t even known they don’t use Euros here)
24. Grateful that so many fears have been lifted!
25. And that Thay (Thich Nhat Hahn) spoke last night
26. After a great very healthy vegan dinner
27. There are only 284 of us.
28. This is an intimate group, compared to the 1000 – 1100 I’m used to the other 3 times with him.
29. I am so lucky to be here.
30. I’m not sure if I should be doing grats. I THINK it is good for me, but then again it is a distraction. So maybe I’ll stop here and do what Thay said: turn off the computer and phone.
Very uncomfortable to be alone in own head, but that's the point - get out of the head and stay...

‘Til Mon. night or Tues. morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment