Friday, March 9, 2012

Grats

I am grateful:

1. Life
2. Hope
3. Breath
4. Eyesight
5. Hearing
6. Speech
7. L.
8. My dr. saying that’s just fine.
9. B’day tomorrow
10. I think I will get 2 presents and 1 card today at work!
11. Tomorrow I will see 3 friends, L, S, and J.
12. Today I will drop off doggie, and pray for the best.
13. I’m glad I got to sleep with her these nights.
14. Tomorrow, I’ll take my mother to the bank and shopping.
15. Then I’ll sneak some girlie time. A pedicure and free (present) massage, I believe: )
16. Then I’ll take a car, paid for by L, to the city for our meeting. Nice.
17. And Sunday I shall clean up around here.
18. And exercise.
19. And feel great.
20. As I do today.
21. Because there is a God.
22. And God, whomever or whatever this spirit is, helps us.
23. I’m so happy I tap in.
24. And that L has given permission for me to send Reiki energy from afar (As I’ve said before, you never give Reiki energy to *anyone * without their permission, or to any child without their parent’s permission!). So I’m glad I have his permission.
25. And maybe in person too. (I’m certified Level II)
26. I am so very very grateful for my spirituality.
27. And for Buddha
28. And that last year, M bought me that discreet but lovely little necklace with Buddha on it
29. And that I’ve been wearing it every day now.
30. And that a Korean mother yesterday noticed it before she even fully sat down (conferences).
31. And later sent me a link about a Buddhist leader/group from Korea (her home country, where she grew up), who comes here. SO nice!
32. I just looked at it and I love it. Here it is for you: http://www.bulkwangzen.org/en/
33. I thanked her so much, of course.
34. And then I sent her mine, which she’d expressed an interest in seeing: plumvillage.org
35. And this is one of the reasons I love working where I’m working.
36. Despite some of the obnoxious conferences, including the one I’m likely to have this morning.
37. My student, E. And his fine example of happiness.
38. And of acceptance.
39. Sky-watch
40. This site: http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/visible-planets-tonight-mars-jupiter-venus-saturn-mercury
41. Thich Nhat Hahn
42. I am so exhausted! It’s bad! BUT – I will be treated as a birthday girl today!
43. Less coffee in mornings now, I think.
44. = less jittery.
45. Cabbage
46. Cabbage salad from my hfs
47. M. losing weight
48. And feeling better about herself
49. And looking adorable.
50. Me eating better too.
51. I’m grateful for every single time I take care of myself.
52. I’m grateful for brushing my teeth.
53. And flossing.
54. And eating vegetables.
55. And whole grains
56. And protein
57. And for drinking water
58. And for driving carefully.
59. The phrase in today’s The Language of Letting Go: “Caring works. Caretaking doesn’t.”
60. OA
61. CoDa
62. Friends
63. Laughter
64. Trying not to lose myself into L., but to continue on with all the facets of my life, as my dr. has said.
65. London soon!
66. French lessons ongoing!
67. Piano!
68. Exercise!
69. Now and then a glass of wine in beautiful stemware!
70. Safety. Every day I’ve had it.
71. Today’s possibly-obnoxious conference will be over a few hours from now.
72. Good substitute teachers.
73. Two days off for my trip at month’s end
74. My mother’s best friend is SO good for her!
75. As is my mother for the friend.
76. Every time I’ve looked at beautiful J’s beautiful face
77. That I know more about relationships now
78. And about what’s important
79. And about myself
80. Good, light makeup
81. Smiles. Every one I give; every one I get
82. Theater. That I used to do theater.
83. Charms. As in, for charm bracelet.
84. Gold
85. Diamond
86. Integrity.
87. Affirmations
88. My hair
89. My lips
90. My teeth
91. My gums
92. That deep breath. First of the day.
93. The river stones in the basket on my desk.
94. Art books, as in pages of like canvases on which to paint.
95. Organization, every time I’ve done it.
96. Picking up Li yesterday and driving her to school.
97. Maybe (free with gift card) lunch from vegan raw foods place today.
98. My online prayer community
99. The Third-Step prayer: God, I offer myself to Thee. To build with me, and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help, of Thy power, Thy love, and Thy way of life. May I do Thy will always. Amen.
100. Happiness. Every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment