Thursday, March 1, 2012

What I Must Tell/Remind Myself

I am NOT incapable of affecting my environment. Just because I'm the child of a schizophrenic mother, I have grown up BELIEVING I am. But I am NOT!
Some proofs.
If my actions were incapable of affecting my environment, I couldn't have:
-gotten 3 degrees
-gotten a job, a second job, and a better first job, during the most difficult time of my life up until that date
-gotten a 4.0 in my Masters degree
-gotten tenure in one of the best districts in the world
-gotten so many glowing reviews
-forged and nurtured and kept so many wonderful relationships, ex. M, Mar, MA, ML, S, St, O, L, K, Jo, J, N, and so many others.
-supported myself for decades!
-bought a house by myself!
-supported someone else as well all these years!
-made loving relationships with non-human animals
-been called a bright light by so many people
-lost weight
-exercised
-done so much for my mother
-learned Reiki to Level 2
-taught meditation
-learned to play piano
-cleaned up the house
-closed down and reopened my own classroom last June and September without help
-found OA and CoDA, which help me
-stuck with my morning work
-made improvements in myself
-made so many others laugh

and there must be more!

2 comments:

  1. You are a stranger on the internet who has made a difference in my world. I cherish your readings and the sharing of your life. It makes me think of my own and how best to handle the challenges in my life.

    I cheer for you daily and am so inspired by watching you succeed. You provide hope. I can't remember when I first stumbled on to your blog, but you immediately drew me in with your honesty, humor and faith. I learn from you and you have made me a better person.

    And that's just from being a stranger on the internet. Imagine how powerful you are in real life! You are an amazing person dear Lynn.

    (sorry to ramble, I'm feeling a bit emotional tonight.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Lord, thank you for JJ sharing this.

    JJ, I actually love you.
    And these words - these words have given me the courage I need to get through the day. I really felt I didn't have it and might even have to stay home!
    But you have shored me up.
    So much love to you, Dear Dear JJ.

    ReplyDelete