Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Readings

Today's For Today:

"Those things are dearest to us that have cost us most." Michel de Montaigne

"I paid a very high price to get to OA, and my life of abstinence and sanity are worth more to me than anything. But it is easy to forget. The lonely days of compulsive overeating can become hazy and I can get caught up in the cares of a day, running here, going there. It is easy to drift into old habits and thought patterns that block my usefulness to myself and others. I need to remind myself that the OA program is one of action: going to meetings, working the steps, making twelfth-step calls - all part of my life of abstinence and sanity.

For today: There is nothing in the world I would take in exchange for what I have in OA. I go to any length to keep it.

--

Today's Voices of Recovery:

"Instead of acting on impulse, we pause long enough to learn God's will. Then, instead of resorting to willpower, we relax and reach out to receive help from our higher Power. All we need say is 'God, please help me do Your will.' OA 12 & 12 p. 26-27

"In my recovery, I am learning to slow down and listen to the voice inside me that is my Higher Power. This presence is always with me, but in the chatter of everyday life and wanting to do things my way, this voice is often drowned out. When I slow down and tune in, I hear it loud and clear. In revisiting the Third Step through these words whenever I need to, I live my recovery. That is a true miracle - to know that through these few words of supplication - let me do your will - I move beyond myself to something greater. It always guides me and is always a gift - because when I ask for willingness to do God's will, I give up control of what I think should happen. I am always surprised."

--
Wow! I really both above this morning!

--

Today's In This Moment:

"In This Moment, I imagine.

Imagination makes dreams a reality.

A glorious world of outstanding beauty.

A consciousness of inner glory.

Kind words abound in absolute caring;

Encouragement and enrichment flow to peace.

An unyielding challenge brings confidence,

Not doubt or denial, but hope for new life in recovery."

--

Today's Language of Letting Go:

"Fulfillment

'Everything I need shall be provided today. Everything.' Say it, until you believe it. Say it at the beginning o the day. Say it throughout the day.
Sometimes, it helps to know waht we want and need. But if we don't, we can trust that God does.
When we ask, trust, and believe that our needs will be met, our needs will be met. Sometimes God cares about the silliest little things, if we do.

Today, I will affirm that my needs will be met. I will affirm that God cares and is the Source of my supply. Then I will let go and see that what I have risked to believe is the truth."

--

Wow. I needed all four of these today!

No comments:

Post a Comment