Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Grats

I am grateful for these things:

1. My new iPhone!
2. That M. took me there and walked me through it – it was more complicated than I’d thought
3. Great call with sponsor just now
4. My pink iPhone case
5. My white iPhone
6. That I can afford it! (At least for now)
7. That I set a bell tone for a something-or-other – maybe when text or e-mail comes or something? Don’t understand yet. But in my Buddhist tradition (Community of Interbeing – Thich Nhat Hahn) a bell is a reminder to breathe – to focus on the breath – to “go back to the inbreath.” Lovely
8. My beautiful date with L. Sat. evening.
9. His kisses. They’re amazing.
10. Museums
11. Beautiful art work
12. Met with J. yesterday morning. Can’t put much store in this because it is still dependent on both his good will AND how realistic/unrealistic he is in a given moment, but he was very nice.
13. Showed me how to do the bills online.
14. I can do them now. (I think).
15. And swore he does NOT intend to take advantage of me financially.
16. And now it is Tuesday. MUST commit to not skipping! Have been so busy, and, frankly, distracted, and that’s not good! I’m grateful for a little red wine now and then.
17. And yesterday’s sweet, wonderful day that I gave the children. I prayed so hard to be able to, and I did it!
18. That Ji and Je’s “nanny” loves them so.
19. The math game for the two classes yesterday.
20. Cezanne
21. Picasso
22. *Kandinsky! *
23. Although I wish we’d leave nature alone, I do love beautiful architecture
24. Should be great day for kids today
25. *****Doggie (during J’s custody day) was found in woods by strangers yesterday! How the f did she wind up there alone? There are streets all around those woods, and she knows them all! This was terrifying! The gratitude is that she got “home” to him safely.
26. And that she’s here now. I must figure out what to do long-term. Feel caught between rock and hard place: want her safe! - don’t want to anger himself and cause problems for my money – but then am I putting my finances above her life? Anyway, so grateful she’s here now. Safe for this day. I love her.
27. Grateful for her.
28. Grateful that I love her.
29. Grateful that for the first time ever, I texted last night!
30. And that I will cement my plans for touring in London and for car from airport, today.
31. London – me!
32. A *fabulous * French lesson yesterday!
33. That L is so gentlemanly and tender with me.
34. That I will continue to take it slow.
35. That he is cooperative with that.
36. M calling just now. Great am talk.
37. iTunes.
38. And I may be using them soon.
39. Rich people who donate to the arts.
40. Not-rich people who donate to the arts.
41. L. understanding my need for freedom.
42. J calling to fyi me yesterday, so that I didn’t die of shock when messages on home machine about missing dog! (from the women who found her)
43. M and D’s support.
44. Possible doggie day-care solution? Money, though. But a possibility.
45. Lightheartedness. Every time I have it.
46. Every time I don’t ask someone else for help when I might *feel like * I need it, but don’t really.
47. Chairs
48. I prayed on my knees to God to help me do the right thing by others. And He did.
49. Am praying same for today.
50. That I am smart enough to do my job.
51. Sleep. I need more. And MUST get it tonight. MUST remain true to SELF – not L’s phone schedule, as tempting as it is! But grateful for sleep I did get.
52. That I am able to walk about my house on my own
53. And to drive to work
54. And that it’s a relatively pretty drive
55. Healthy foods
56. Organic peanut butter
57. Cabbage salad
58. Water. Water to drink.
59. Water to swim in.
60. Water with which to wash clothes.
61. Water with which to wash dishes.
62. Leases (doggie)
63. Smiling babies
64. Tiger cubs
65. Dr. Oz. Not his schmaltzy stuff, but his smart stuff.
66. Gary Null
67. Clothes
68. Cut shoes
69. That I don’t want around looking the way I was walking around looking a few years ago.
70. It is Wednesday. I shall not put myself down, rather just continue.
71. I am grateful that I speak better again now, thanks to L’s influence.
72. I am so grateful for Jo. She is not only a wonderful tech person, but a beautiful human being and I hope, a friend. I would love that.
73. I am grateful that I had wine, in gorgeous stemware, as per one of her instructions to treat myself well. And that I told her.
74. I am grateful that I prayed the third step prayer to God every day lately.
75. And first thing this morning.
76. And with full heart.
77. I am grateful that I shared with A, a teacher whose father was my principal at another school, about my current doggie situation. She is a dog person and I knew she’d “get” it. So when I saw her in the parking lot, I decided to tell her, in my usual Lynn-laughing way. But she showed more maturity than I’ve even known her to show, and was so compassionate, that I started to really cry. Right there in the parking lot (no kids or parents around, of course!)
78. And she said, “I love you.”
79. Twice.
80. I am so glad I’m honest with so many others (I don’t talk about my personal life with the parents or kids in terms of separation – I don’t think that’s dishonest, just professional and appropriate.) but I’m grateful that I’m open with some people.
81. And that they are compassionate in return.
82. And that they’re not too overboard either.
83. I’m grateful that I’m feeling better about myself.
84. And that I get to work with children.
85. And that I have prayed so fervently to God to help me be good enough to them during this hard time.
86. And that God *is * helping me with that.
87. I’m grateful for humor. Mine and others’.
88. And for Centers (thing we do with kids).
89. And for all the honors in my life. Like the working with children, and the being able to communicate with other adults.
90. And the having taught some others meditation.
91. And the sharing of Reiki.
92. And that we are never supposed to give Reiki energy, from near or far, without the person’s permission.
93. And never ever to a child, without the *parent’s * permission.
94. And that I would never break either rule.
95. And that the sort of “exception” is a general population Reiki, such as after a tornado…
96. I am very grateful for my spiritual nature. Thank you, God.
97. And that I feel sensuous today.
98. And for the laughter yesterday at school with others, all due to a joke L was playing on me and I didn’t know it.
99. That I value my life now.
100. That I helped M by covering her class while my kids were at Spanish, and she needed some minutes out of there.
101. That the principal walked in with a new parent touring the school, and I handled it with grace and all went perfectly.
102. That M found out the principal had been in. And she panicked. But I *knew * nothing was wrong. She had to leave the room – it’s no different than having to go to the bathroom – and she *did * get coverage. I am a professional, paid, tenured teacher and was there with them. They weren’t unsupervised! But M, who worries, went to the principal to sort of confess/explain. And the principal said, because of all M is going through, “Nothing to worry about. Lynn handles it graciously. It all went so well. You have my permission, any time Lynn offers, to have her cover your class – for up to 10 minutes – every day for the rest of the school year.” Bless her heart, I love(!) our prinicipal!
103. Reba McIntire’s voice. (Not her choice of songs, lol, but her voice).

No comments:

Post a Comment