Friday, January 13, 2012

My One Hundred Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. I have a re-appointment with the new therapist Monday. Thank you, God.
2. I had a good call from/with K last night
3. Spoke with St for a few minutes too.
4. And I called MA because her heart cath is today
5. And she’s not worried at all! Quite chipper in fact. I’m worried, but she’s not lol (I’m worried about what they’ll find, not the procedure – because of her lung condition).
6. My principal is *thrilled * with the necklace. I’m glad
7. And I made a decision – and slept on it – to offer to her some filing or typing service/help because she’s having (long story) *real * arm trouble/surgery/hard recovery etc. I’m glad I made that offer.
8. My new therapist, after hearing why I missed the appointment yesterday, wrote me an e-mail about breathing and visualizing to help me get through tough times. I’m so appreciative of that.
9. I am helping my friend who is going through something really hard.
10. My mother told me yesterday that when that person we know did the amazing thing, the judge actually cried.
11. The amazing thing. One of the most beautiful real-life stories I have even known of: He and his wife raised a family. Then he retired. They thought about taking in a foster child. Nice.
12. Their daughter talked him out of it, on the phone from another state because 62 years old etc. Good of her.
13. Then she visited. He was kind of living in a chair in front of the tv. She said, “Dad, maybe you should.” I’m grateful that she said that too. Big-time.
14. They fostered a child. An infant. Lovely. I’m so happy for them all (this is something I’ve always wanted to do).
15. Next day, they found out she has a twin. “You can’t separate twins,” said they. “Bring her here. We’ll foster her too.” I’m thrilled!
16. By the end of the year, they found out there was an older sister. “You can’t separate sisters,” said they. Bring her here. We’ll foster her too.”
17. Very shortly after – they adopted all three! (The parents weren’t able and didn’t want them).
18. That’s so beautiful, and gives me chills when I think of it. But there is actually more.
19. A year later, they received a phone call from the people saying, “There is an older brother. He does not want to interfere in your lives. He would just like to meet his sisters one time.” “Oh no,” said they, “you bring him here and we will adopt him. Families stay together.”
20. They have had years together now. All are doing well. I am so happy for them all.
21. There is hope for EACH of us. No matter what shape we’re in.
22. I’m grateful that I’m grateful about others.
23. And that although I’m a very good teacher, I am still learning. First of all, there’s always more to learn. Secondly,
24. Humor
25. People who make us laugh.
26. My four great things to look forward to.
27. The little joys in every day. Some the same (like looking up and seeing what the sky is doing that day)
28. and some unique – like what that child said to me the other day about my readalouds
29. Everything M shares with me – such developmentally appropriate and fun ideas – she is more natural with primary – I have to work at it more
30. And that I do for her too
31. That she calls ours a “symbiotic” relationship.
32. That although I wish J were here, I would not have developed the levels of closeness I have with women if this hadn’t happened. And I’m grateful I have.
33. My dr. was proud that I’d cleaned (He won’t be needing his hasmat suit anymore lol)
34. I am taking a spirituality course now.
35. Spring will come.
36. I will even have some new clothes, and I’m continuing to (slowly!) lose weight.
37. People are noticing.
38. Yesterday, I wore my waist high pants – only I had to change tops because the one I had on goes just below the waist, and my belly was showing – the pants are now hip-huggers!
39. And I do eat! Lots of good – and tasty – foods.
40. I believe (and hope hope hope) I *will * gain more energy.
41. This coming Monday. I don’t want to live in the future, but I should be off ALL DAY.
42. Maybe something like this: Coffee, morning work (this stuff), bubble bath, therapy session with the new one, read, walk, watch a little tv, practice piano(!) and throughout – play with doggie!
43. That my mother, through sheer strength, courage, and perseverance, saved enough so that she has enough to live on. Despite when she lived in two little rooms in someone’s basement and relatives were literally yelling at her to move. But she knew, she had nothing and had to save. Wound up moving, years later, and buying her own lovely little apartment. I am so proud of my mother. Granted, she was hit by a car and got a down payment from settlement (not lawsuit just insurance or something), but the rest was her sheer savings. I’m proud of her.
44. She looked FABULOUS yesterday. Our visit in the hospital was lovely. (For some reason, all our hospital visits lately are so good.)
45. She was up, in a chair,
46. the nurses love her (it didn’t used to be that years ago when she was out of it and ornery),
47. she’s already made two friends(!),
48. and we were two girlfriends talking, sharing, chatting, remembering, etc. It was lovely! I’m so glad for BOTH of us that we had that time!
49. Nice talk with one of the doctors
50. Another one called here.
51. I am so exhausted. Exhausted. But a long weekend is coming. And since I’m keeping everything in order here, all I have to do is take care of the mail, and a quick little cleaning. Other than that (and my mother, and doggie), I’m free.
52. My “reiki ring”.
53. And that people always comment on it, because it’s gorgeous too.
54. Every deep breath I have.
55. Whole-grain pasta
56. Veggies
57. I just tasted Swiss Chard for the first time ever! And I *loved * it!
58. And if I hadn’t been at that university, with L, who stopped to shop and bought some, I would have never thought of it!
59. Fran Drescher
60. Marie Osmond in that old sitcom
61. Betty White
62. Nana Mouscouri
63. Claudine Longet (just her singing – not her accidentally killing the skier!) They have all brought me pleasure at some point in my life.
64. When I get support, I do feel better!
65. Tomatoes
66. Water. Access to plenty of fresh, clean water. What a gift.
67. Showering or bathing daily.
68. The little makeup I’ve been wearing.
69. Healthy vegan raw food places around the world.
70. My – MY – wood floors. I love them.
71. Especially with the lighter two rugs *I * put down.
72. The capabilities I do have.
73. Fresh coffee this morning.
74. That my thumb is still better.
75. And I’m still doing the exercises.
76. Skirts
77. Dresses
78. Nice shoes. These are all luxuries.
79. Being told the other day that I smell nice. That felt so good.
80. Hope
81. Including hope for some romance in my future.
82. J and K at work, who are willing to help me through the rest of the course since I had to miss, so that I can catch up, learn, hand in assignments, and get the credit too.
83. A good book to read this weekend.
84. I don’t get bored very much. Never really did.
85. Still have healthy foods in fridge/freezer.
86. Every week since September.
87. And proud of self for that. Cooking every week (at least)
88. All the times J and I and my mother have had together years ago, laughing and enjoying.
89. That I’m becoming more independent
90. I want to say “and real, and whole.” But I guess I *am * real and whole, for the good ad the bad – it’s still me, real and whole.
91. That I am a good actress.
92. Hey – maybe I will join a community theater type thing – next year.
93. That amazingly adorable (!) 8-month old labradoodle I met the other day! I think I wrote this before, but I had such fun with that sweetie!
94. That kids appreciate animals.
95. Zebras. I love zebras.
96. Although I am against zoos, I am grateful that before I knew that, I go to see zebras in person.
97. And elephants
98. And giraffes.
99. And lions
100. And oh, those female lions. So beautiful.
101. And giraffes
102. And gorillas
103. And monkeys
104. And Siberian tigers
105. And sea lions
106. And flamingos
107. And polar bears
108. And black bear cubs
109. Etc.
110. And (not in zoos of course) horses.
111. And cows
112. And pigs
113. And chickens
114. And lambs
115. And goats
116. And the little lamb who looked like a goat, and cuddled on my lap for hours that day.
117. That my mother seems more open-minded about making some good-for-her (and thereby us) changes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment