Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Readings

Wow - Today's For Today:

"Every man has his own courage, but is betrayed because he seeks in himself he courage of other persons." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Other people always seemed better than me - more confident, more at ease, better able to deal with life's problems. i only knew how I felt and how others looked.
When i came to OA I heard, 'Don't compare your inside with someone else's outside' and 'God does not make junk.' Each time I am aware of the tendency to put myself down, I affirm and follow through on my belief that I deserve the same credit I give to others. I treat myself as I would treat someone I love and respect.

For today: Liking myself, as God does, opens new doors, evokes a new spirit that gives me courage and makes room for true humility.

Today's Voices of Recovery:

"I started the program by doing everything I was supposed to do . . . Action is the magic word. . . " OA second Edition, p. 151

..."The answers to life are not in the refrigerator or pantry. That was the problem. Today I lie in the answer - the Steps and the tools. I changed residence, and the problem went away."

Today's In This Moment:

"In This Moment, I am frustrated.

People and events are not moving along fast enough for me. Recovery teaches me to ask myself, 'How much control do I have over any of this?" Today, the answer is, 'None.' The solution? Silently, I recite the Serenity Prayer. I thank my Higher Power for the wisdom of recovery thinking. There will always be difficult situations. I'm learning to handle them differently. My frustration fades as I let go and let God.

Today's Language of Letting Go

"Clearing the Slate

...that holding on to negative feelings from past relationships is our greatest barrier to the gift of an open, loving heart. Wow.
more tomorrow - rushing---

No comments:

Post a Comment