Sunday, January 1, 2012

100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. It is 12/31 That I can afford the luxury of being vegan. Oh – it’s no more expensive than being an omnivore – in fact it can be way cheaper – but I mean, as compared with people who are garbage dumpster diving for whatever sustenance they can get into their bellies for that day.
2. Piano technician/tuner fell so in love with sweet doggie
3. My piano is now tuned
4. And now it is 1/1/12. I am grateful that I woke up and have a day of life.
5. And that darling doggie is with me for
6. 8 days already
7. Dinner with K last night
8. And movie with her too
9. And I went to bed before “the ball dropped,” and that was good too.
10. My car. Especially since it just needed headlight work and I could afford it, I really appreciate.
11. And K doesn’t have one right now, and she works too, so I really appreciate having one.
12. I am grateful that I don’t even know what wonders the New Year can bring
13. And for yesterday’s ww meeting.
14. And that wonderful leader
15. And how well I ate yesterday
16. And that I took home half of my “soup” bowl from Thai restaurant
17. And only drank half my plum wine
18. And the truth is, I had a nice time on New Year’s Eve
: )
19. And there is an OA phone meeting marathon again today and tomorrow!
20. It’s hard to believe in a way, but I do believe I will finish the kitchen (which now has stuff going to basement-clutter) and the – gulp – bedroom today
21. And that tomorrow can be a “lazy day!” Yay.
22. The flowers I treated myself to. They’re so beautiful in the living room.
23. And I think I shall do that again in March
24. And maybe again in June.
25. And maybe I’ll have a little get-together in a couple of months.
26. I could have K
27. And MA
28. And ML
29. And S
30. And St
31. And M
32. And O
33. And JA
34. And Jo
35. And of course doggie will be here
36. And I don’t know if/who else
37. And I will NOT go overboard with the food/expense
38. And I think I *will * play in that concert in May that O wants a few of us to play in
39. F.E.A.R. “Face everything and recover.”
40. Beautiful helpful e-mails
41. That I *don’t * have a SmartPhone. I don’t want to/can’t pay for that monthly expense.
42. Online boggle
43. My blog
44. Honest talks with friends, like last night with K. Both ways
45. And laughter with friends, like last night with K also.
46. And that yet again someone mentioned that I’m fun and funny and good to be with (K). I’m so grateful to hear that.
47. That I can afford medicine
48. That I can afford
49. That I have plenty of food
50. Access to fresh, clean water
51. The beautiful sky
52. Appreciating the day! I’ve waited a *long * time to not feel, “Oh fuck, I woke up.” Thank God I don’t feel that way now!
53. The new year. I know it’s arbitrary, and corny, but I love it.
54. And this one is all mine.
55. And I’m glad I can see it that way.
56. Doing the next right thing.
57. My OA sponsor.
58. My CoDA sponsor.
59. Every single time I’ve swam.
60. My sliding door from the sunroom. Oh, how I enjoy that. Using for first time!
61. That I bought a log yesterday
62. And can make a fire today or tomorrow if I want
63. That I have a fireplace.
64. That I bought salt for the snow. Needed that
65. And the shovel. Needed that too.
66. The For Today book
67. The Voices of Recovery book
68. The In This Moment book
69. The Language of Letting Go book
70. The OA phone marathon that will be today
71. Detergent
72. A washer
73. A dryer
74. A dishwasher!
75. God
76. Jesus
77. Buddha
78. Thich Nhat Hahn
79. Ww
80. Flowers
81. Trees
82. Clouds
83. Oceans
84. My backyard
85. That I finally put down the rugs
86. If I finish my cleaning today, I get a whole “lazy day” tomorrow. Like Thich Nhat Hahn says we should have.
87. My mother’s friend, M. She has changed her life.
88. Health care workers who are compassionate.
89. Mar, who did physical therapy with me
90. And lovely Mi, who subbed for her that special day
91. The volunteer woman who came around and gave hand massage when I was sick and scared in hospital with pneumonia.
92. The walks J did with me after my hysterectomy
93. That I no longer feel like a victim!
94. Whole wheat rolls
95. Ezekial bread
96. Fresh fruit
97. Not eating at the movie last night
98. That K bought fresh produce yesterday too
99. Walks. Walks walks walks
100. Deep breaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment