Friday, November 18, 2011

Grats

I am grateful:

1. Today’s For Today: “If you want to understand others, look into your own heart.” Johann Schiller
2. “If I have no understanding of what makes me think and act as I do, then I can have little understanding of other people’s behavior.
3. “If I do not admit anger, fear, hate and other emotions and steadfastly ignore the reasons for these feelings, how can I maintain balanced relationships with spouse, friend, parent or child – all of whom have similar feelings?”
4. Can that be true? I am not the only one with the feelings I have/get?
5. “People who practice the twelve-step program seldom say, ‘I’ll never understand So-and-So.’
6. “having looked into their own hearts, they understand why other people behave as they do.
7. “For today: If people’s actions continue to surprise me, it’s time to do another fourth-step inventory.”
8. Today’s Voices of Recovery: “OA believes that compulsive eating is a threefold disease: physical, emotional, and spiritual, which, like alcoholism and drug abuse, can be arrested, but not cured.” “Introducing OA to Health Care Professionals”
9. “Once I got this through my head, I began to recover.
10. “When I came through the doors of Overeaters Anonymous and started to calm down, my sponsor told me that my recovery was like a three-legged stool.
11. “If the stool was to stand properly, all of its legs had to be even.”
12. I never thought of that before. The three legs, yes. But evenly – never thought of it.
13. “The three legs of the stool represent physical recovery, emotional recovery, and spiritual recovery.
14. “Unless all the legs were even, I wouldn’t – and couldn’t – recover.
15. “For many years my stool had one short leg: spiritual.” Well in my case, different short leg.
16. “But now, thanks to God and this program, those legs are even.” May that come true for me.
17. “I am happy, joyous, and free.” Oh please may that come true for me.
18. Today’s In This Moment: “In This Moment, I have serenity.” Can that really happen?
19. …”After I came to CoDA, I did a Fourth Step inventory. As a result, I understood that feeling angry is OK, but acting out isn’t.
20. “I have become more even tempered and pleasant that I ever thought possible.
21. “this is a direct result of being able to ‘let go an let God.’ “ I need to know better what this means.
22. Oh, it says, “When I let go of my expectations and my anger and let God do for me what I cannot do for myself, I experience serenity.”
23. So the idea is letting go of expectations. Can I do that? It seems to go with, “Don’t judge it; just do it. “Let God do for me what I cannot do for myself.”
24. Today’s Language of Letting Go: “Let yourself be nurtured and loved. Let people be there for you. Allow yourself to be held when it would feel good. Let someone listen to ou, support and encourage you when you need that. Receive comfort from someone’s physical presence when you need that. Allow yourself to be supported emotionally and cared about.
25. “For too long, we’ve stood in the background, attending to the needs of others and claiming we have no needs of our own. We’ve shut off, for too long, the part of us that longs to be nurtured.
26. “It is time, now, to claim those needs, to identify them, and to understand that we deserve to have them met.
27. “What are our needs? What would feel good? What kinds of ways would we like others to nurture and support us? The more clear we can be about our needs, the greater the possibility they will be met.
28. “Hugs. A listening ear. Support. Encouragement. The physical and emotional presence of people who care about us. Doesn’t that sound good? Tempting?
29. “Someone once said to me, ‘The eighties have been a me decade. Now, maybe the nineties can be a you decade.’
My reply was immediate. ‘Let’s make the nineties a me and you decade.’
30. “No matter how long we’ve been recovering, we never outgrow our need for nurturing and love.
31. “Today, I will be open to recognizing my needs for nurturing. “I will be open to the needs of those around me too.
32. “I can begin taking a nurturing, loving attitude toward myself and by asking responsibility for my needs in relationships.” Ow and wow.
33. I am not in prison.
34. When I turn the faucet, water comes out. Cold water and hot water.
35. I had a very healthy breakfast with vegetables.
36. I have a coffee maker.
37. I do not have cancer.
38. J. came here yesterday and made the heat work in the d.r. and the bathroom.
39. I can take a hot shower this morning.
40. M. offered me to go there anytime and even to stay over.
41. I am not all alone in the world.
42. I am not all alone in cyber-space.
43. My thumb is still working.
44. I do not have heart disease.
45. I do not have diabetes.
46. I have both feet.
47. I have a pretty figure even though fat.
48. The bottom of my legs are pretty.
49. I *can * be a woman again.
50. My sponsor was good to me yesterday.
51. There is still hope for me and J.
52. I have a prayer community.
53. Just reading this online: "Do I choose to experience inner peace today or do I choose to experience conflict?"
54. And "Would I rather be happy or right?"
55. And "It's okay to let others be wrong"
56. And someone sharing this: I am just taking one day at a time, and sometimes breaking it down into chunks (like just another half shift, just a couple hours till bedtime).
57. Boggle
58. Making progress with the report cards
59. Two choices for lunch today.
60. Living in a free country.
61. O to become a citizen soon.
62. Making it home yesterday in the tie-up with little gas.
63. I can cross my legs. Couldn’t always.
64. Electricity.
65. The oak tree out front. I love that tree.
66. No mold in my house.
67. God made me.
68. There is still hope for my life.
69. I am not fighting any dread disease.
70. I have good genetics.
71. I have eyesight.
72. I have meals.
73. I have medicines.
74. This idea of the hundred gratitudes a day.
75. Every wonderful moment I’ve evern had with J.
76. People who pray for me. I’m so grateful for that. For them.
77. That maybe I’ll get to travel again someday.
78. Beaches.
79. Sand.
80. Water.
81. That my students are happy. I don’t know how they could be, but they are.
82. M. will be back today.
83. This “Note from the Universe:” “Once one passes through the entry gates of times and space (name here, this applies to you), it may be handy to know that simply dwelling upon joy, abundance, or anything else involving people, will literally draw complete strangers into your life, as if they were puppets on marionette strings. Creating new and totally unpredictable circumstances that will bring you more, more, more of whatever you were thinking about.
84. Reading.
85. Piano in my life.
86. That the district agreed to fix the piano iin my classroom.
87. Music
88. Musicians
89. Composers
90. Art
91. Paintings
92. Sculptures
93. Museums
94. Grocery stores
95. Fruit/veggie stands
96. Farmer’s markets
97. Clothes
98. Washing machine
99. Dryer
100. Sinks
101. That I got to a hundred

No comments:

Post a Comment