Friday, November 11, 2011

Grats

I am grateful:

1. Waking up this morning
2. The heated mattress pad finally worked a little
3. J fixing the connection
4. J calling last night to see how I am cold-wise
5. And he talked about work
6. And he is feeling better about himself, thank God. I do truly want that for him.
7. And I will see 2 (maybe 3) friends today. Yay
8. On a day off. Yay.
9. MA inviting me to stay over there is it gets too cold.
10. My friendship with O and how its grown
11. That I took my mother shopping yesterday
12. That if I don’t do the cooking today or tomorrow or Sunday, I’ll do it Tuesday while the furnace people are here.
13. That I tell my mother which bag is going to be heavy, medium, or light as I’m passing them through her window.
14. That I lift the heavy ones up over the windowsill for her
15. That I copied out that recipe for the kid at Trader Joe’s who wanted it
16. And that I drove there and gave it to him on my way home yesterday, even though I wasn’t shopping there.
17. And that that made him happy.
18. Will probably have doggie this weekend
19. Think can maybe see dr. less, which means I’ll be okayish
20. And it will cost less
21. That my breath is still going all the way in
22. That I gave my kids great fun while learning, the last couple of days
23. Coffee and the heater this cold morning
24. Gonna get to wash hair today in a warm shower at MA’s.
25. My hand exercises and that I’m doing them
26. That our computer teacher told me yesterday that she admires me because although not a techie at all, I never ever give up.
27. And that even though I may find a circuitous route to something, at least I find it.
28. And that it is obvious to her that I do whatever it takes that is good for the children. That means a lot to me because I respect her so much.
29. And – it’s about me, not me and J.
30. I have two good books for the weekend - or more – if I’m stuck with a lot of quiet time at MA’s.
31. And food to bring too.
32. I’m losing weight.
33. JJ and Birdie and EJ!
34. The new software that lets me use the SMARTBoard as a SMARTBoard without having to scan every document into the computer.
35. I’m grateful for being really cold. Because it’s like Maslow’s Hierarchy at work. I’m not as obsessed about the relationship stuff when I just want my body to be warm.
36. And it reminds me of the significance of fresh water, food, warmth, etc.
37. I will probably get to buy a coat within a week.
38. It’s sill, but I’m grateful that I have a tv.
39. That MA got to stay with R when she needed to.
40. And that maybe that has contributed to her offering me to stay there.
41. That we had a Thanksgiving lesson yesterday.
42. And the kids got into it.
43. And it was on cute paper, that they got to color, and they loved that.
44. That they yelled – a couple of times – with excitement the last few days. Having such fun with what I was having them do. Yay.
45. Another very nice talk with my sponsor this morning.
46. I am *not * a give-upper.
47. My education in elementary school.
48. My education in high school.
49. My education in college.
50. That I am a college graduate.
51. How happy my father was on that day.
52. My education in my Masters program.
53. My freedom.
54. That O. got to this country and experiences the freedoms too.
55. My immune system
56. My critical thinking
57. My creative thinking
58. My disappointment – so I’ve learned the things that matter most to me
59. Sunsets
60. Sunrises
61. Oceans
62. Soft rainfall
63. Gorgeous nature photograph
64. Oxygen
65. Sand
66. Movies
67. Blogs – for connecting me with others
68. Classical composers
69. My “enemies” – for helping me uncover my blind spots so I can become a better person
70. Kind strangers – for brightening up my days when I least expect it
71. My mistakes – for helping me to improve and become better
72. Wow. I can hardly believe I’m saying this, but: My heartbreaks. For helping me mature and become a better person.
73. Laugher – for serenading my life with joy
74. For the site http://tinybuddha.com/blog/60-things-to-be-grateful-for-in-life/ from which I’ve just gotten a bunch of these.
75. That I can move. I can be joy in motion. I have the ability to dance, walk, run, hop and skip as I travel the road of life.
76. I can eat
77. I can enjoy different flavors; textures; foods.
78. I can drink.
79. I can swallow.
80. I can sing.
81. My muscles
82. My bones
83. My kidneys
84. My stomach
85. My blood
86. My brain
87. Oprah
88. Believers. Those who see the goodness in me and believe in me and what I can do.
89. Believers. Those who see the goodness in the world.
90. Joy givers. Those who radiate sunshine and warmth. And when we feel down, a dose of their joy lifts us up.
91. Huggers!
92. Ripplemakers. People who make a difference in little and big ways.
93. The site http://ripplemaker.hubpages.com/hub/GratitudeList, from which I’ve gotten a bunch of these here.
94. Accomplishing tasks every day.
95. The girl who saved my life in the water when I was 12.
96. Poetry that I’ve read.
97. Poetry that I’ve written.
98. When I used to ride my bike.
99. When I used to skate.
100. Pretty gardens.

1 comment: