Monday, February 6, 2012

Grats

I am grateful:

1. It is still Sunday. I just spoke with my mom. Boy did her mood brighten! Here’s what happened: Her best friend just bought a flat-screen tv. J is supposed to go over to move her old but better-than-my-mom’s tv downstairs to my mom. It is to be a surprise. But – I had to tell her. Because she just said that she’s worried about money because she thinks her tv is on the end…So I told her so as to save her the worry. She’s so happy now!
2. I’m grateful that I finally did get around to doing and posting today’s readings.
3. And that they helped me. Phew.
4. Long talk with M on phone just now.
5. And now it’s Monday. I’m grateful for the health I do have.
6. And my limbs
7. And that my thumb is still okay
8. And that I’m still doing the exercises.
9. I’m grateful for work. I FEEL like I need to rest rest rest. But work is better for me.
10. I’m grateful that I’m good for them.
11. And that I believe as the day goes on, I will feel better.
12. Oooh! French is today! Yay! That’s something!
13. And that J and I are civil and more. Thank God.
14. And that M is staying strong in her decision.
15. Artists
16. Musicians
17. Composers
18. Museums
19. Concerts
20. Radio City
21. Theaters
22. Observatories
23. Telescopes
24. People who understand these things and help explain them to others.
25. Secret Valentines starts tomorrow
26. I’m grateful for the snail things I got for my valentine buddy. She loves those and I know she will love these.
27. And that maybe someone will be giving to me.
28. And for pistachios.
29. And Jo sharing some with me the other day.
30. 3 talks, one in person, with MA this weekend.
31. OA
32. That I can drive. Really grateful for that.
33. Doggie leaning against me so much of the night.
34. That J will pick her up today; I don’t have to get there at a majorly early time this morning
35. That my mother is getting that other tv.
36. Hope. Oh dear God, I am so thankful for hope.
37. My phone therapist. I get two more times.
38. This Wednesday, I think I will find the strength somehow, to tell my irl therapist that/why/how I’m very angry with him, ouch. But grateful that maybe will finally address it.
39. That I have always been a support to friends in need.
40. Coloring yesterday. That was relaxing.
41. Although I didn’t do the date thing – yet – I did take the whole day off. I mean, I did laundry and everything, but I never did obligational stuff or scheduled stuff. That was nice.
42. Sleep last night. I’m grateful I sleep. Very very grateful for that. I remember when I didn’t.
43. I’m so very grateful that I can see.
44. And walk.
45. And talk.
46. And read.
47. And write.
48. And type.
49. I’m grateful for good doctors.
50. And every day I’ve had with J.
51. And the little diversion of L.
52. Breathing.
53. And especially deep breathing.
54. People who pave the way for others. Like sponsors. And friends. And aunts…
55. This shooting pain this morning, reminding me of how often I do not have any pain.
56. Bright colors.
57. And everything cheerful and lighthearted.
58. That I did do Fri. evening M’s way. Because it was for her.
59. That I’m not walking around looking like I used to.
60. That I’m alive. Really.
61. Every cuddle with doggie I’ve had. Especially this weekend.
62. Speaker phone (enables me to keep cuddling).
63. Today’s Voices of Recovery. Helpful.
64. The ideas in today’s In This Moment. Reminds me of “When the student is ready, the teacher appears.”
65. Beginning, after all these years, to register my abilities.
66. The very deep breath that just caused. Wow.
67. Today’s Language of Letting Go and this sentence: “When we believe in our right to happiness, we will have happiness.”
68. And this: "Today, I will liberate myself by letting go of my need to be a victim, and I'll explore my freedom to take care of myself." Okay. Okay. Breathe. Okay.
69. Tea
70. Teacups and mugs too.
71. My brain.
72. My spine.
73. That I recovered from that terrible year-long accident. Thank God.
74. I am grateful for when I feel hope.
75. And for people who are sensitive to others.
76. And for hugs. I’ve had two good hugs since Friday. Wow. What I’d give for the years of hugs and hugs every day. Ouch. Okay back to gratitudes. I am grateful for hugs.
77. And tears. They’re here now. And I don’t know why I’m grateful for them, but I am; they’re supposed to serve some good function for us.
78. My OA sponsor.
79. Working with children. They’re affectionate.
80. Oh my God, I’m becoming one of those old people who never get hugged. . . wait – gratitude – um – I still get some hugs. Plus, there is hope for the future. Yes.
81. And J. still hugs me when he sees me.
82. I’ll arrange to not be so lazy, and to bring doggie in person; that’s get me hugs. Okay.
83. That I can feel the hugs. I think there’s a disease where people can’t.
84. Heat. Such a short time ago I didn’t have it.
85. Relationships with others. Get me out of myself.
86. This school year is so hard. But it’s getting better.
87. Plus it will end.
88. And I will get through it.
89. More positive: I’m grateful for the luxury of a piano.
90. And green beans last night.
91. And homemade soup for today.
92. And fresh spinach for tonight.
93. And access to plenty of fresh, clean water.
94. And terms of endearment.
95. And that I didn’t add the negative part to that last one. I deleted.
96. That I am young enough, and healthy enough.
97. And there is probably lots more life.
98. And I can learn to live it more lightheartedly. I live it moreso than at one time. And can/will continue to.
99. EJ and JJ!
100. Sunrise. It will come soon.
101. And the days are already getting a little longer.
102. Spring will come.
103. Physically and metaphorically.

No comments:

Post a Comment