Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Am A Person! and

I am a person with a passport.

It's like: I exist.

I REALLY do.

I went to the bank -
turns out was wrong branch
went to other branch
got original birth certificate
went to post office
woman on phone had given me incorrect information - they were booked and only do appointment only! she'd said walk-ins - in two separate phone calls on two separate days!
but they took me!
and I had everything I needed
and it wasn't scary
in fact, the guy was cute, my age (he told me) and even a bit flirtatious. I'm gonna find out if he's married (no ring) and if not, I'm gonna ssk him to lunch!

Anyway, I AM a person.
You've said you know it.
The government knows it.
My students know it.
Their parents know it.
My colleagues know it.
My friends know it.
My family knows it.

My doctor knows it.

And now, finally, I know it.

I, who had gotten so phobic I couldn't go to the drugstore, just went and got a passport!
And I called M crying and told her and she got it!
And I'm going there tonight for dinner.

Oh God, thank you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment