Thursday, February 23, 2012

Grats

I am grateful:

1. 7 degrees of separation from Beethoven!
2. Great Thai food last night
3. With K
4. Dr’s advice about eating and other ways to deal with stress
5. Plum wine, 2/3 glass and yum
6. Feeling okay
7. When I don’t look to the past, or to the future, *this * day is really always okay
8. I had an accident: ( Car has little dent. But barely noticeable and should’t rust and not hurt and for that I’m grateful
9. My CoDA sponsor
10. My OA sponsor
11. My piano teacher
12. Hummus
13. Spelt bread
14. Water
15. Fresh coffee this am
16. M called
17. E-mails. Nice ones
18. Including L’s
19. Will get hair cut today
20. And colored
21. And fix new pocketbook and wallet! : )
22. And will have French lesson today too!
23. Watched French movie last night
24. Will get change today for tomorrow
25. Think might REALLY treat self. To mani/pedi or even massage today!
26. And some doggie time
27. And date tomorrow
28. Got French movie last night and watched it by self. Didn’t like it at all, but glad DID it.
29. My eye drops
30. My anti-depressant
31. That I sleep
32. Interesting dreams all my life
33. Fresh fruit
34. The wooden bowl
35. My Royal Doultons
36. My father’s honesty
37. My piece of driftwood
38. Opportunity to possibly study for few days in rain forest with M this summer!!!!
39. My new French picture books from library
40. Vitamins
41. Exercise
42. Potential
43. Hope
44. The adorable, fabulous, fun for them (and me), creative, learning rap the two classes did with me
45. Classical music
46. Colored diamonds. I don’t have any, of course! I just like looking at them. And in some cases, even pictures of them
47. Teas. I love black tea
48. And Earl Grey tea
49. And Lady Grey tea
50. And green tea
51. And vanilla tea
52. And cherry bark ta
53. And red chai tea or is it called ruby chai
54. Jo for helping me with technology
55. My sense of humor
56. God
57. Buddha
58. Thich Nhat Hahn
59. And that I’m going to be with him soon!
60. Shoes
61. My new lacy grey stockings - discounted
62. My new nice hand soap – discounted
63. My new nice bubble bath – discounted
64. My new makeup – new look – updated
65. My face cream
66. My eye cream
67. My hands
68. Reiki
69. Piano
70. Typing and how it relaxes me
71. Dry whole grain bread. Nothing on it.
72. Lamps
73. Book lights. I need one. But I’m grateful they exist.
74. ***I have a lot of good stuff inside me. I had squelched it for so long. But it USED TO be there. And it’s there again. (So I guess it’s always been there).
75. Like interests
76. Talents
77. Fun
78. Humor
79. Intelligence
80. Open-mindedness
81. Abilities
82. Capabilities
83. Some calm
84. Empathy
85. ****Fairness.
86. The high school Social Studies teacher – the most respected teacher in our school – writing in my yearbook, “Lynn, you have a keen sense of justice. Hold onto it. The world needs it.”
87. That in talking with O the other day about how I’m just beginning to feel like a person – you know, my will-they-take-my-garbage issues, and the whole passport business, and she has seen it all, she said: You realize, no one would expect this of you. It’s not at all how you come across. I know you very well. And of course I know what you’ve gone through/go through. But people would have a hard time even believing it. You are so eloquent, and accomplished, and funny, and friendly… No one would believe it. That was nice.
88. She even said I can *seem * confident.
89. And J used to say these same things for me
90. Wow. I’m so sorry I took it all for granted. But I am grateful for how cherished I was for so long.
91. Okay. Upbeat, upbeat, come on. Um. I’m grateful that I can speak. I remember when I couldn’t (physical problems)
92. And that I can walk. I remember when I couldn’t (accident)
93. And that I made it fine through my surgeries
94. And that I’m vegan.
95. And that I HAVE that choice to me. Not like, scrounging through garbages for any bite to keep me alive for another day.
96. And that I’m not being forced to read the book my book group is reading right now. Because I don’t want to put that in my head. And they’re accepting that. Phew.
97. I did not at all feel like doing gratitudes today. I’m grateful for how quickly they’re coming to me.
98. I WILL organize my trip papers and my tomorrow stuff today.
99. Colors. I’ve come to love bright cheerful happy colors
100. The blue of the sky.
101. That I’m grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment