Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Event Advice Needed!

I have an opportunity to be with Thich Nhat Hahn, for my teaching, in England!

The district will give me the two days that bump up against my vacation, and MIGHT give me a LITTLE money toward a flight.

I don't have money, but I want to make this work!

So the question is:
All my life I have wanted to see some of France. All my life I have wanted to speak French.
Do I extend the days by 3 and get to France while I'm only a one hour plane flight away?
Or is that a WHOLE LOT TOO MUCH to ask a person who has never gone even to Florida alone!

I honestly don't know.
Forget the money for a minute -
Just thinking, from one "foreign" country to another; and another whose language I don't really speak could be crazy on top of this big trip to begin with
VS
It's been my lifelong dream and I'll be so close and it'll cost a heck of a lot less than trying to go back someday
ALTHOUGH
maybe for the someday, I could go with someone else
BACK TO THE OTHER HAND
it's supposed to be very romantic (France) and I"ll be alone

?

Thank you, any answerers!

4 comments:

  1. Go! Go to France. You can always go again too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would concentrate on taking in as much of England as possible and enjoy every moment. Then plan a trip to France next year. Three days isnt nearly enough time to truly enjoy France.

    Either way its super happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go if you can. Go, go, go. A life experience. A life changing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I should have realized you three would answer. You are angels in my life. I will not take advantage.

    I *think* I'm overwhelmed already - still can't get through by phone...need passport...
    I *think* I'll just add a few days to England, save my pennies, and plan France later.

    All of your advice has been helpful!

    Love, love, love
    XOXOXXO

    ReplyDelete